Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Barbecue Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made up a batch of this today, and used it for some fast grilled pork chops. They came out great! This sauce will work wonderfully on pork and chicken I think. I could not find the same brand of raspberry jam, so I used this:

Click image for larger version  Name:	8511D54A-C90C-4DE8-A290-EC241108E175.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	3.18 MB ID:	738918

the jalapeno gave it a nice kick!

Great recipe Meathead!
    Last edited by Stevo; September 2, 2019, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Mixed up a batch of the Raspberry Barbecue Sauce this weekend and tossed some wings in it. Used a chopped chipotle with some adobo sauce in place of the hot sauce. I did use liquid smoke but didn't find tamarind paste. It should be easy to find near me, but I didn't have time to go to another store. Will pick some up soon to have on hand to try next time.

Great reviews from the crowd. Will definitely make this again.

Comment

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        afd696 I fully cooked the wings then tossed in sauce before serving.

• afd696
        afd696 commented
        Editing a comment
        jumbo7676 - thanks - I usually smoke them fully and then to get the skin crispy throw them on a grill / griddle - usually leave them naked but sometimes sauce and serve or with some sauces throw back on the smoker to caramelize them a bit.

• jumbo7676
        jumbo7676 commented
        Editing a comment
        afd696 I considered tossing them back on the grill for a bit with the sauce but just didn't have the time or free hands since I also had food cooking on second grill and some hungry mouths waiting for food. It was one of those scenarios where, as the cook, I think they might have been a little better, but nobody that was eating them would have had any idea and they were all very happy with the results as is.

Was just watching Meathead on the Perfect Pulled Pork episode of BBQ Stars where he is showing off the sauce. So glad I decided to sit down and watch a few of the videos tonight! Taking 3 racks'o baby backs to a Superbowl party tomorrow so I'm heading to the store for ingredients!

Comment

Things went very well with the making of the sauce(s). I decided to do a double batch so I could have some around the house for the next smoke and then I just started playing with them a little bit, adding this or that... Well I ended up with 2 sauces, one sweet and one hot. Had some extra time on my hands so made some labels and dubbed them San Francisco Heat and Kansas City Sweet! The ribs and sauce were a big hit at the Superbowl party and didn't last more than about 3 minutes. Thanks Meathead, great recipe!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2125.jpeg
Views:	270
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	799431

Comment

Cant wait to make some of this! Thank you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here