Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raspberry Barbecue Sauce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Made the this sauce by the book, except the tamarind paste (didn't look hard but couldn't find it). Came out terrific, tangy, sweet, hint of fruitiness from the raspberry jam. Praise from my toughest critic. Excellent bbq sauce.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      When young kids gobble your food down you did right.
      Reckon that's so, Brother!
      Kinda torn on what particular grammar I'd a used to make yer response...
      Would it be "Ya done did right?" (I'm leanin t'wards this one), or "Ya done done right, which I'd haveta defer to refer to a seeminly more distant past tense

• Meathead
      Meathead commented
      Editing a comment
      GREAT! BTW, I have a collection of pix of kids eating ribs. May I have permission to add this one? I promise to not use it in a commercial or ad or anything like that.

• Michael Brinton
      Michael Brinton commented
      Editing a comment
      Meathead definitely

Love tamarind paste! I may give this a whirl. Sounds easy and delicious. I do some similar but not this one.
    ComfortablyNumb Mr. Bones
    liquid smoke. the inevitable party beer can you drank from with the cigarette butts because some one took yours and left that one in place.

Comment

• CaptainMike
      CaptainMike commented
      Editing a comment
      Or chew-spit!

Sounds like it would be great on some ribs!!!

Comment

I started skipping liquid smoke in my shawsh since the meat has the smoke and it became redundant in the sauce itself, but it would be welcome for a crock pot or oven dish to give it that smoke it'd need. I think that's why most storebought sauces have it, most home cooks aren't really smoking their stuff. My wife & I aren't raspberry fans but I would be willing to give it a go, I bet it would be killer on chicken too!

Comment

I'll try it out, thanks!

By the way, I just must say here, that I've been making BBQ sauces now for my family events. And 2 out of the 3 I make are Meathead recipes. Everyone loves them: The Columbia Gold Mustard BBQ sauce (with a touch more honey), and the KC Classic BBQ Sauce. Both are great, and everyone who I cook for raves about them. I'm betting this raspberry stuff will be winner too. Keep the Q' rollin meathead!

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks. I do love my sauces.

Cant wait to try this with a little chopped chipotle to give it a bite!

Comment

• Meathead
          Meathead commented
          Editing a comment
          I did a batch with it and it is even better, b ut I left it out of the recipe because it is not a common ingredient that everyone has. Go for it!

When the Noma guide to fermentation came out i was playing with fermented raspberries as a sauce. Painted on pork tenderloins it was good but didn't behave under heat like a traditional bbq sauce. I may add it in place of the jam in this recipe (maybe add sugar to taste). It came to mind because the Noma recipe substituted blueberries, strawberries, blackberries... freely as well. Good possibilities.
        Attached Files

Comment

Sounds like a new experiment for me! Thanks!

Comment

Really looking forward to giving this sauce a try!

Comment

Made a batch, added 2 chipolte chilies and 2 tsp of adobo sauce to make it perfect. Glazed a couple of smoked loin chops and declared it awright.

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes, chip in adobo is even better. I did not include it because not everyone has it.

• CaptainMike
                CaptainMike commented
                Editing a comment
                Meathead perhaps include it in the recipe as another "optional". Side note: my wife walks in after work and says "wow, what's that on the stove?!" I think that's called "high praise", thanks for the recipe.

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                I just added the chip in adobo as an option

I'm kind of diggin this! Are we getting secret recipes from the legend that the free side isn't?!

Comment

• Meathead
                Meathead commented
                Editing a comment
                Yes. These are recipes from my next book.

• Ground Chuck
                Ground Chuck commented
                Editing a comment
                Greatly appreciated! Can't wait to try both the sauce and the new book .

This sounds incredible. I love mixing in fruit flavors to my sauces whenever possible, I have a nice Strawberry Habanero sauce that I like to have on hand, to add some sweet spice to some of my meats. This one sounds amazing, and I will be trying it out this weekend! Thanks!!

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                If yer amenable to sharin, why, I'd jus Love to have yer receipt fer that there
                Strawberry Habanero sauce
                , amigo!

Them's easily among two of my Top Ten flavours, right there!

This is amazing! I can’t wait to try it out! Even hungry while reading it)

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Brinton View Post
                Made the this sauce by the book, except the tamarind paste (didn't look hard but couldn't find it). Came out terrific, tangy, sweet, hint of fruitiness from the raspberry jam. Praise from my toughest critic. Excellent bbq sauce.
                Meathead Here's a pic of my 4 year old granddaughter, she really cleaned the bone. Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 1-30-18 at 1.59 PM.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	736286

Comment

Just got back from an early trip to the grocery store (long weekend, need to be there when they open to beat the citiots to the store) and managed to snag a big jar of Smuckers. If I can find some ribs in the overfull chest freezer, I'll be trying this over the weekend.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here