Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scallops With Black Garlic Butter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missin44
    replied
    Meathead, I see the grapeseed oil in ingredients , but no mention of what to do with it?

Leave a comment:

• SmokingSteve
    commented on 's reply
    Nice presentation on such a pretty plate!

• DiverDriver
    commented on 's reply
    Trust me make it in an Excalibur Dehydrator in the garage. Your house will smell like fermented garlic for weeks. One quart jar will last bout 2 years cooking time.

• DeanF
    replied
    I tried this on Saturday - LOVED IT!!! Click image for larger version

Name:	Black Garlic Scallops.JPG
Views:	1105
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	678425 - seared the scallops on the Hasty-Bake... ordered the Black Garlic on Amazon; kumquats are not to be found in the Piedmont Triad

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    replied
    Perfect timing.
    A friend and myself were just talking about scallops the other day...guess I figured out that part of the menu.

Leave a comment:

• Missin44
    replied
    Originally posted by Missin44 View Post
    Meathead ,Looks great, the SnS seems to be made to order for this. Though unless you live in a a large metro area I'm guessing black garlic is going to be had to come by.
    Agreed, had already Googled black garlic and saw how to make it. Not super excited about leaving a rice cooker or any heat generating appliance plugged in for 2 weeks, especially when not home. Maybe in middle of garage floor or somewhere away from the house

Leave a comment:

• Histrix
    commented on 's reply
    Not hard to make your own black garlic and a helluva lot cheaper. Google will show the way.

• Missin44
    replied
    Meathead ,Looks great, the SnS seems to be made to order for this. Though unless you live in a a large metro area I'm guessing black garlic is going to be had to come by.
    Last edited by Missin44; May 11, 2019, 05:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• HouseHomey
    replied
    Sounds delicious!!

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Please add a warning about scallops with sodium tripolyphosphate (STP). Should be avoided because they won’t cook right. I’ve bought the wrong ones before and it sucks.

Leave a comment:

• Polarbear777
    commented on 's reply
    Yes. You’ll need to put your toaster oven on the floor to accomplish this.

• jgreen
    replied
    Oh wow. Got that one on the list to try real soon. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    replied
    Awesome. Great recipe Meathead. I will definitely be trying this one out. My only concern is that my oven is mounted in the wall and is about 3 feet off the ground. Is that too high to warm my plates in??

Leave a comment:

• Hulagn1971
    replied
    I am definitely going to give this a try. We have a local seafood purveyor across from the local farmer's market that has fresh Maine sea scallops 10-20/lb no additives or preservatives.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Wow, this sounds incredible. I am a huge fan of garlic, butter and scallops.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here