Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two Black Garlic Butters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipshot7
    commented on 's reply
    Kathryn thanks so much for this link. My sample gift box order came in today and it is fantastic. What a quality product.

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    I have not tried many brands, and all I tried were awesome!

• surfdog
    replied
    Meathead Bit late to this particular party...but that link is just a general listing of black garlic available on Amazon.
    Is there a particular brand that you prefer?
    I’ve made the scallops with black garlic butter...but used the first I could find...and I want "the best."
    Looking forward to making Bob Belcher’s "Bet it All on Black" burgers in a couple weeks. (Yeah, that Bob Belcher. LOL)

Leave a comment:

• daveIT
    replied
    The Noma Guide to Fermentation has instructions on how to make black garlic. I never heard of it until I read it in there. I haven't attempted it yet...

Leave a comment:

• smokinsteve
    replied
    Thanks for all this info. Was in a local eatery last week and they had a bulb for sale...$7. Never heard of this before.

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    replied
    I've heard of black garlic but never paid much attention. That's going to change. Thank you Meathead

Leave a comment:

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• Reds Fan 5
    commented on 's reply
    fzxdoc Exactly! Glad this was a test run and I wasn’t planning to serve to guests!

• NoogaQ
    replied
    Wow! First time of hearing about black garlic. Got to try some.

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    replied
    I tried it with pappardelle pasta, using this recipe. Pretty meh but I think that was because the ratio of pasta to black garlic sauce was too high. Would be better with fettuccine, I'm thinking.

Kathryn

Leave a comment:

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Not a lot of eye appeal there.

Kathryn

• Reds Fan 5
    replied
    Made the black garlic compound butter today. Tastes great but, um, I may have over mixed it! Click image for larger version

Name:	6B76BEC0-E873-4C90-A568-11225F768087.jpeg
Views:	897
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	684852

Leave a comment:

• DeepRiver
    replied
    I have not heard of black garlic. I will definitely try this!

If you have not tried smoked salt.....give that a try!

Leave a comment:

• grantgallagher
    commented on 's reply
    That sounds amazing!

• SullysSassySauce
    replied
    I bet this would be amazing in a butter burger . Yum

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here