Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Culinary Art In Your Backyard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Green Bay Packer Brisket
    They are pretty good.

• JP7794
    replied
    Very well written. As others have stated, a lot to digest.

The opening quote reminded me of the movie Mystery Men for some reason. Great movie IMO.

"You must first master your craft before you can become an artist." Meathead

"You must first master your craft or your craft will master you". - The Sphinx
    Last edited by JP7794; August 6, 2020, 02:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheef
    commented on 's reply
    Well I'm old but we used to call them EASY?

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Was that a PBC? HawkerXP? Never heard of this film; I'll be watching it soon.

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    I too am glad this resurfaced, hadn't seen it before. There's a WHOLE LOT to unpack there, rich with insight.

A couple thoughts of way too many to choose from; The Jeff Tweedy quote reminds me of a favorite comment: Luck occurs when preparation and opportunity converge. On the notion of recipes and outcomes, most people can relate to the experience that even though they follow grandma's recipe to the letter, somehow the result never tastes as good.

Leave a comment:

• theemiles
    replied
    I am a practicing artist. But my salary comes from teaching it a community college.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Nice catch! I'll fix the manuscript! My guess is that you time at SAIC came well after mine. Are you a practicing artist?

• troymeister
    commented on 's reply
    That was cool!!...I hav never heard of this movie...I'll check out soon.

• theemiles
    replied
    I am a visual artist, and I enjoyed what you wrote, and look forward to buying your next book when it comes out. I don’t go around looking for typos (I am not qualify for that, and my wife is always correcting my writing, or things I say), but Jackson Pollock is the correct spelling, not Pollack. Loved hearing about your art background. I too went to the Art institute of Chicago.

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    LOL! Don't let them intimidate you!

• fzxdoc
    commented on 's reply
    Astounding. A pleasure to watch.

Kathryn

• ofelles
    commented on 's reply
    Just your second post and you're stirring it up? wow! 🙂

• Heath Newburn
    replied
    This is fantastic. Just so long as we can all agree that Texas BBQ is superior to NC or KC BBQ, I think you're dead on :-)

Leave a comment:

• Meathead
    commented on 's reply
    Fantastic. I forgot about this amazing scene. Thanks for reminding me. Real Asian cooking is so amazing.

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    I think I lost 3 fingers just watching this vid.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here