Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Little Chief questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Little Chief questions

My dad got me one of these for Christmas, and while I'm obviously grateful I'm struggling to see how it can compliment my MAK. I saw a few posts with folks having the Big Chief, but really no in depth stuff anywhere on the net except some extremely questionable recipes food safety wise.

I already make delicious jerky year round on the MAK, I make smoked cheese on the MAK anytime the outside temp is below 65 in the warming box which will stay at 60 or lower degrees when it's cooler out. I don't smoke fish that often, but if I did I guess I would make the little chief a dedicated fish smoker just to safe on the MAK developing a fish oil essence...

So those that have one of these type units in your arsenal, what do you use it for? It looks like it's 160ish degrees or less depending on the weather.

I've had a Little Chief Electric Smoker (an ancient top-loader made by Luhr Jensen back in the day) for more than 30 years. It doesn't see much use these days ... but especially when we lived in Alaska, it turned out an awful lot of mighty fine jerky and smoked salmon.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      did you ever use it for cheese or anything else?

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs - Never tried it with cheese. The LC might run a little hot for that ... but it would be worth looking into if that's what you're thinking.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here