Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pre-heat smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-heat smoker

I have a small Cookshack electric smoker do any of you pre-heat your smoker before you srart cooking

It's a good practice. Get everything up to your desired temp, then add your product. Theoretically, it will all eventually stabilize at your desired temp. Pre-heating also kills off cooties and loosens grease and gunk from previous cooks.

Comment

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep. What CaptainMike said.

• ducksbbq
      ducksbbq commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks! I will preheat and then add chunk wood for smoke I was afraid the wood would not catch if I pre- heated!

And also, welcome to the Pit from Maryland.

Comment

Yes. Usually, with my pellet grill, I preheat to 350 especially to loosen and clean then set new temp (usually 225) when I add that which I’m cooking. Occasionally I’ll only go to 300. Good luck!😃

Comment

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        That's an interesting process. I think I will adopt it.

• Sweaty Paul
        Sweaty Paul commented
        Editing a comment
        Potkettleblack I learned about this on the Yoder forum and find it helps quite a bit (wanted to give credit to where it is due).

• Potkettleblack
        Potkettleblack commented
        Editing a comment
        Trying it tonight. Gotta fire up the Grilla. But cooking at 325 anyway, so we'll see.

Welcome to the Pitmaster Club! Thanks for joining up!
      I don't have a cook shack, but I do pre-heat all of my smokers before I use them. They just run better once you add the food.

When you have a second, give this thread a once over. There is some important information for you. This information will ensure you get the most out of your experience here in The Pit.

Also, it's very important that you:
      • Check your email, go to User settings then the account tab.You currently cannot change your email on file with us since it’s tied to your Pitmaster Club account as well as our payment processor, Stripe. Don’t worry though, we’d be happy to change it for you. Please visit this link: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/pi...il-request.php
      • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive special deals we occasionally work out for our members, notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Thank you for your support. We are excited to have you and we look forward to your contributions.

-Spinaker

Comment

I’ve have gained patience and pre warm the grill and let it do it’s job
        Attached Files

Comment

• Steve R.
          Steve R. commented
          Editing a comment
          Two great pieces of advice in one post!

I couldn't speak to an electric hockey puck smoker, but I always preheat my pellet grill (essentially an electric gerbil nesting burner), because the smoke during the heating cycle is not that great. Like cigarette flavored.

I just finished watching all three seasons of Project Smoke and the season of Project Fire (Bradley is the top line sponsor on all seasons of Project Smoke, so is featured in nearly every episode... to the point where I could see myself wanting one, even though my Grilla would almost certainly produce better smoke), and Raichlen always preheats the Bradley. Every single cook (at least 40) always heated to his desired temp before throwing the food in.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

I pre heat my PBC and kettles. Welcome to the PIT!

Comment

Yes, always ... and welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here