Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Inaugural Cook on the 40.2" Masterbuilt - Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inaugural Cook on the 40.2" Masterbuilt - Tomorrow

So, I picked up a couple of slabs of SLC at my local BJ's this afternoon. Will peel and dry-brine tonight before bed and tomorrow will make my version of LMR and report back with pics (if they come out good!)

DEW

Sounds good, except, we want pics either way! We'll help you improve any results that aren't awesome, and it's easier to do that when we get pics.

Comment

Sounds like a plan.

DEW

Comment

Enjoy your day! I always get excited the night before smoking day. We're like a buncha kids.

Comment

No A-ron, we gots our priorities straight,

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Solberg View Post
            No A-ron, we gots our priorities straight,
            Glad someone does.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
              Enjoy your day! I always get excited the night before smoking day. We're like a buncha kids.
              Me too. That's why I had to post tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dewesq55 View Post
                Me too. That's why I had to post tonight.
                You Sir, have come to the right forum then

Comment

Of that there is no doubt. I think it was my born destiny to end up here.

Comment

You build guitars? Are you a player too?

Comment

Used to be. Arthritic fingers.

Comment

• The Burn
                        The Burn commented
                        Editing a comment
                        A luthier? Being a long time novice player, I always thought it would be a great thing to be if I was craftier

• Huskee
                        Huskee commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I wanted to go to luthier school when I was in high school. Never did.

• Dewesq55
                        Dewesq55 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I'm self-taught. My dad was a carpenter and I learned the basics of how to use tools from him but he didn't know from stringed instruments or fret board scales. I don't find much time for it any more, though. Too busy with work, which I guess is good since it pays the bills.

DEW

Just checked out your Sig, which is very well done. You and I have very similar beer and wine tastes. I am a big fan of Italian wine after the wife and I vacationed there back in October. Love Brunello!

Comment

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Nice! We just cracked open a Brunello from a case order we placed from this wine bar we fell in love with in Florence. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...e_Tuscany.html

• richinlbrg
                        richinlbrg commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks to you both for mentioning Brunello! Just had some while on vaca, loved it, and then proceeded to forget the name while returning home! THANK YOU!!

• David Parrish
                        David Parrish commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Glad to help a fellow Brunello lover out

Here are the 2 racks of SLC peeled, salted and ready to go in the fridge for dry brining. One weighed in at 3 lbs 6.5 ozs and the other at 3 lbs 2.4 ozs.

Comment

Comment

Those are sosme good sized racks. You may find them taking closer to the 6-7 hr range at 225. MAY. Don't hold me to that.

Comment

• Dewesq55
                            Dewesq55 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I checked then just short of 5 hours and they've still git a ways to go. The instructions that came with the smoker said to load food onto the lowest rack. In retrospect, this seems dumb, so I moved the racks up to the middle and cranked the temp up to 250.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here