Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Weber Electric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    DavidNorcross I cannot stand being told what I can do on my own property. I've only lived in one house with an HOA, and while in principle, it means property values are maintained, in experience, it means nosy neighbors tell you what you can and can't do. Like not being able to work on your own car in your own driveway for example. Or leave your garage door open, etc.

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    jfmorris we tried the HOA route for a brief period here in VA as well. 10 ft seemed to be the number here too in that particular community. Never again for me....

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    The HOA for the condo I stayed at in Pensacola stipulated that no gas or charcoal grill could be used within 10 feet of the building, and I did a bit of googling, and it appeared to be a Florida statute affecting condos and hotels. Basically no flames allowed, even on your own balcony or porch.

• BBQPhil
    commented on 's reply
    It is a toaster.

• Huskee
    replied
    "delivers great results every time." They don't know me when I've had a drink or two and paying attention becomes optional.

Leave a comment:

• Attjack
    commented on 's reply
    Sure, but they should have done a full sized grill or perhaps a grill griddle combo.

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Farberwere indoor grill from the 60's is what we used in my High School days.
    Farberware Open Hearth Electric Broiler Grill 450 | Etsy

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    You nailed it. I know a young couple who love BBQ but have to use an electric grill, No fire allowed. There are some apartment complexes where the only BBQ allowed set up in fixed grills on the grounds in the common areas.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    As you point out though, the Q electric is the same basic concept, for less than half the price. I didn't even realizer the Q had an electric version until you pointed it out. Since the Q electric is $299 to $349, they are charging more than double for the added built in thermometer capability.

• DavidNorcross
    replied
    I have no desire or interest in this, especially at this price. However, my guess is that they are trying to capture the apartment complex and HOA markets where any type of fire is not allowed. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• glitchy
    replied
    I heard this model is very popular in Europe and they’ve been working for years to get enough heat out of it on 120 to sell it in the US. Long before they went public I heard it was coming. They have the Q series electrics for much more reasonable prices, but they seem to think putting the equivalent of a device they sell for $129 separately into the grill itself justifies a $200-400 price increase (look at the Genesis and Spirit smart grills). I don’t get that, seems like they’re seriously jacking up margins on new products.

Im not interested in it, but I would think it would perform better than a Foreman grill actually having open grates and some juices hitting the elements and smoking versus a repurposed panini press in the Foreman grills I’ve had and seen.
    Last edited by glitchy; November 17, 2021, 12:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bbqmikeg
    replied
    Can I plug it in next to my toaster?

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Me Think You're correct.
    Their favorite protein is lamb because first, they Fleece the sheep.

• jfmorris
    commented on 's reply
    And that doesn't include the $200 cart!

• Draznnl
    replied
    If this is an example of Weber's decision making now that it has gone public, uh oh.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here