Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7th Annual Houston Barbeque Festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7th Annual Houston Barbeque Festival

The Houston bbq scene has exploded over the last 10 or so years. We've always had que joints going back into eternity but the level and quality, as well as the quantity of that bbq has grown exponentially. This is a great event in that unlike the Houston Livestock and Rodeo bbq cook off mega event, this venue focuses on and celebrates the restaurants themselves cooking and giving away samples of their wares. Drinks are sold and facilities are all part of the entry fee. This is not a competition but a festival spotlighting both new and old traditional Texas barbeque Houston style !!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	https___cdn.evbuc.com_images_49942319_161088700426_1_original.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	662962

If you're in the area this Sunday, April 14th come join us. Tickets must be purchased online here. The guys from PaulsTheRibList will be coming over from Lake Charles to join me. Love to have an impromptu meat n greet at this great event. Regardless, I'll be taking pix to share next week. COME JOIN US IF YOU CAN !!!!

Name:	photoapr092c12411828229.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	77.4 KB
ID:	662963

Man that sounds like fun!

Comment

WOW! This would be awesome. I would love to make this!

Comment

Where would one find you if say someone wanted to spy with a drone??

Comment

Can't miss me, I'll be wearing this big, ugly lookin' bowling shirt with this logo on the back .....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I'll work on my zoom.

There was a time, not too long ago, that it wouldn't have been too expensive to hop on a plane and spend a long weekend just about anywhere in the continental US. Those days are gone forever and it's too bad, this would be one those events that I might've attended.

Comment

• ComfortablyNumb
            ComfortablyNumb commented
            Editing a comment
            If I were to get on a plane, the weekend would be over by the time TSA finished checking me in. Last time I flew I had to half undress, frisked, wanded, groped, and finally wiped for residue. I decided then it was enough for me.

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I flew in May of '94 and again in Sept/Oct '16. Wow what a difference.

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Sooooo....you guys are telling me you're not coming ??

I'm guessing that Nonmacher's isn't going to be there?

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Lol !! Actually some other guy re-opened their store, I’m hearing he sells out by mid-day. I’m dying to check it out !!!

For anyone planning to attend and might pass in close proximity to Center, Texas I have a pass I can't use (ticket is transferable). I found out today I have to be at work at 1410 hrs Sunday. We only maybe work 3 Sundays a year and I'll be the son of a motherless goat, this is my Sunday, coming off vacation no less. I might be able to forward the ticket for printing.....they get scanned so it can only be used once. PM if interested. GRRRRRRRRRRRR

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Oh dude no way, time to play hookie, tell them you have the bbq blues Was looking forward to seeing you there.

Maaaaaaaan! This sounds like an AWESOME event!! Especially since it’s in Humble and I live in Kingwood!!!! I seriously wish I could afford to go!! I’ve got a wife and 2 kids though........ I will say that the price seems reasonable considering everything you get, I just can’t come up with that much scratch.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Editing a comment
            I think I could email you my ticket. Print it up. RickyBobby

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            Do it Ricky !!!

Damn I'd like to visit this event..

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            If you get on a plane today, fly to Htown, you’re welcome to bunk with us for the weekend !!!

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            I say thanks for the offer Troutman

Well it was a drop dead gorgeous day in Houston last Sunday. 75*, low humidity, clear blue sky.....and tons of bbq......

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_01.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	664996Click image for larger version

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_02.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	664995Click image for larger version

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_03.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	664997Click image for larger version

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_04.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	664994Click image for larger version

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_05.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	129.2 KB
ID:	664993Click image for larger version

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_06.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	664992

I came away with the meat sweats....a few Saint Arnold Lawnmowers beers in my gut....and I did represent !!!!

Name:	hou_bbq_4-19_07.jpg
Views:	272
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	664998

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool!!

• RickyBobby
            RickyBobby commented
            Editing a comment
            Really wish I could have made this event happen. Maybe next year. Sadly, I would not have been able to represent as awesome as you did, though! Way to go rocking the pitmaster club shirt!

• Elton's BBQ
            Elton's BBQ commented
            Editing a comment
            And thanks for sharing this pictures.. I had totalt forgotten about them..
            Gonna order me one...

Beautiful shirt. Looks like a great time. I have some relatives in Houston, looks like I need to arrange a visit this time next year.

Comment

Glad it was nice. No sun in a processing plant.

Comment

• Troutman
              Troutman commented
              Editing a comment
              It was a good festival. About 10-12 samples into the thing and 4-5 beers later they almost had to carry me home. Just can't party like I used to

Would’ve loved to join you, but I was in St. Louie for the weekend. Had some pretty good ‘que at Pappys though.

Comment

Looks like a good time. Had I been able to be in Lafayette for another week I just may have tried to pull it off. Nice of you to extend the invitation to everyone. And that’s a really nice shirt!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here