Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Competition Reward / Trophy Ideas Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition Reward / Trophy Ideas Needed

I am organizing a Backyard Style BBQ Cook Off for a local festival.

We will have 3 categories: Pulled Pork, Ribs, and Chicken.

I am wanting to get something unique and/or fun to present as trophies or awards. We will place the top 3 in each category. We are still considering to do an overall or not. Will probably depend on the final number of contestants that sign up.

Another BBQ Cook Off that will be 2 weeks following the one I am helping organize gives out Engraved Spatulas to the top spot in each category and certificates to the next two spots. That being said I don't want to copy their spatula idea.

The budget is somewhat limited as we are only doing a $25 registration fee so I can't go hog wild.

So any suggestions on what to do or use?

How about a signed copy of MH's book?

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a bad idea... I will keep that as an option. I do have AR.com handouts with the temp guide on it to hand out to all the participants and anyone interested.

A friend of mine goes to thrift stores and buys old trophies
    some have golfers and bowlers on the same award
    kind of a fun playful idea

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      That is good! I wish I could do a traveling trophy but there is always the chance of the previous winner not showing the next year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	155.0 KB
ID:	204827 I use these medals
    low cost and popular

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Those are cool.

Our medals
    Attached Files

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Did you order those online? If so do you have a site you recommend in case we would decide to do something like this?

BBQ Trophies, BBQ Medals, and Plaques by Crown Awards. Get your BBQ Trophies and Awards at the lowest prices online.

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      lots of options there... Thanks DW

Yes I also use Crown Awards

Comment

This place has some nice looking stuff although I have never used them:

http://qualtry.com/?gclid=CjwKEAjwlZ...fu6hoCKAXw_wcB

I don't know what the custom charge would be though.

Comment

Contact this guy. Tell him Meathead sent you
        Steven Bard

President

Far Out Awards, LLC

Far Out Promos

T: 786-334-6478

F: 786-953-4488

[email protected]

Each one of our awards is protected by copyright, so you know they are totally unique and one of a kind. Each award is hand made here in the United States, so every order can be customized, totally free! Besides total customization at no extra charge we also offer free shipping and free custom engraving. If you are part of a sports league or fantasy league, you came to the right place. Far Out Awards has the coolest fantasy sports trophies around. Whether you're looking for a fantasy football trophy, fantasy baseball trophy, fantasy basketball trophy, fantasy hockey trophy or even a fantasy soccer trophy, we have them all! If you do not see the exact trophy you want, send us an emial at: [email protected] and we will work with you on creating the customized trophy of your dreams! All of our food and drink trophies are made with the highest quality materials and are so realistic looking, you may try to taste them! If you need a trophy for a chili cook off, we got it! In fact, we offer nearly every food and drink item imagineable! If you do not see the food item you need, email us at: [email protected], and we will gladly custom make any type of trophy. Our golf trophies are second to none! And what better way is there to celebrate that golfer in your life then awarding him/her with a totally Far Out golf trophy! In addition to our Far Out Awards, we are proud to offer top quality optic crystal awards. Our optic crystal is of the highest grade and crafted by world re-nown crystal artists. Each award comes in a royal blue gift box lined with satin. As with all orders on Far Out Awards, each order comes with both free shipping and custom engraving!

Far Out Promos. Best selection of promotional items, apparel and corporate gifts. Let us earn your business with our 1st class service and low prices.

Attached Files

Comment

• Nate
          Nate commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Meathead! I will check them out... Plus I will be giving out the AR meat temp guidelines and promotional thing that Parrish sent me.

Thanks folks for the suggestions and they are AWESOME... I'm still open to any other ideas that would be unique and fun as I may be helping put together more of these events.

Comment

I was trying to think of something fun that would also be of some value and some use that wouldn't get put in a drawer and forgotten. I thought 'what does every pitmaster need?' Well, every pitmaster uses a lighter of some sort. What about engraving some Zippos? You could get gold colored, silver & bronze (copper) for 1st, 2nd, 3rd respectively. They are sort of a functional collector's item.

Comment

If you want to do medals, holler at me and I will mail you some. I have a wall locker with a bunch in them. They are ready for custom inserts which any local awards/trophy shop should be able to turn around to you in 2 weeks or less. All you need is a graphic. The inserts stick on and they do not come off. A pic of a pig and a chicken with the words Whatever Street BBQ Contest would work. I suggest leaving off the year so you do not have to reorder and can order in bulk if you want.

Comment

Find old utensils and have someone tac weld them together to create something unique.

Comment

Partner with shop class at your local secondary school. Trophies could be a class project and you reward them with a BBQ meal.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here