Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for Ideas: How to support Charities/Non-Profits with BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Ideas: How to support Charities/Non-Profits with BBQ

I have only supported my congregation with 4 or 5 events and looking for other opportunities to cook....

My congregation holds an annual auction in the fall (I lead the planning Team)- we raised just over 30K last November..
    My BBQ dinner is one of the many items donated (Boat Rides, Dinners, Homemade pies, Artwork, Music lessons, etc). This year we will have 10 folks at our house for the 2nd Annual BBQ Dinner on 22 July. Winning bidders paid between 200.00 & 225.00 per plate, It should be a great event that includes BBQ, Drinks, an acoustic jam session /song circle and corn hole.
    (the 1st one was great)

DRAFT Menu:
    Ribs
    Indian Candy Salmon
    Chuck Roast
    Chicken Thighs

Pot of Beans
    Pasta Salad
    Grilled Zucchini

Deserts

Any input is appreciated.
    Scott

Your menu, well prepared as we know you will, sounds just right. No need to add anything fancier nor time consuming. You and your family are the hosts so this menu should allow plenty of spare time to keep everyone fed and happy.

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thx Don

Have you supported non-profits w/ BBQ??

Doing it for the congregation is ok- just limited chances

• Donw
      Donw commented
      Editing a comment
      Before Covid I was one of our cooks for our volunteer fire company’s fund raisers. Usually chicken or oyster fritters. I also did a lot of BBQ for our local social and fraternal organizations. Again, simple straightforward cooks like Baltimore Pit Beef or ribs and simple sides. No expert by any means, just liked to see people happy.

I volunteer to deliver food to homeless, unemployed and under employed people and families. The non-profit oranization is called Making it Happen, Inc. Last year I smoked 4 turkeys for their Thanksgiving day event. I've been asked to smoke some more turkeys in August.

So what started as just a volunteer gig for the homeless has also allowed me to provide BBQ as well. FWIW...

Comment

• Bad Hat BBQ
      Bad Hat BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the good idea and it is very cool that you are supporting your community. I am just starting my search for non-profits to work with an hope find a good match.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here