Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Illinios KCBS Certified BBQ Judging Class - Mar 2, 2019 - Meetup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Illinios KCBS Certified BBQ Judging Class - Mar 2, 2019 - Meetup?

Hello,

I'm planning on attending the upcoming KCBS Judging Class in Peoria, IL on March 2nd. Anybody from the Pitmaster Club going to this event?

Just wondering if anyone has tips to get the most out of this event, or possibly grabbing some dinner and drinks the night before with some fellow BBQ nerds.

Jeff

Don't expect the sample food they give you to:

a) fill you up
    b) wow you

I went kinda hungry, assuming we'd be eating. You taste, you don't eat. At least at my class this was the case. And I thought I'd be tasting world class BBQ from the pros. Well, let's just say it was edible and I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Huskee View Post
      Don't expect the sample food they give you to:

a) fill you up
      b) wow you

I went kinda hungry, assuming we'd be eating. You taste, you don't eat. At least at my class this was the case. And I thought I'd be tasting world class BBQ from the pros. Well, let's just say it was edible and I'll leave it at that.
      With animal disease detection you get trained on "good" so you know what "bad" is when you see it. Apparently BBQ judging takes the opposite route.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here