Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KCBS Certified Judges Class being offered in MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spinaker
    replied
    Originally posted by GourmandPhil View Post
    Having just finished judging at Memphis in May I would highly recommend becoming a certified judge for that event if you love great BBQ, are up for judging, and a weekend in Memphis.

Doing on-site judging where the teams take you through the whole process was a much more enriching experience for me personally than blind boxes. While I enjoy KCBS comps in MN, Memphis in May is just in another league and I enjoyed judging in the South with the big names of BBQ.

The highlight for me this weekend was being one of 3 judges who got to judge Chris Lilly and Big Bob Gibson. Hands down the best shoulder I've ever tried. Was so awesome as he showed me his pit, types of hickory he uses, when he sources it and more.
    Very cool. I have thought about doing this, just never pulled the trigger.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    What a great experience. Very cool.

• SteinerBBQ
    replied
    Having just finished judging at Memphis in May I would highly recommend becoming a certified judge for that event if you love great BBQ, are up for judging, and a weekend in Memphis.

Doing on-site judging where the teams take you through the whole process was a much more enriching experience for me personally than blind boxes. While I enjoy KCBS comps in MN, Memphis in May is just in another league and I enjoyed judging in the South with the big names of BBQ.

The highlight for me this weekend was being one of 3 judges who got to judge Chris Lilly and Big Bob Gibson. Hands down the best shoulder I've ever tried. Was so awesome as he showed me his pit, types of hickory he uses, when he sources it and more.
    Last edited by SteinerBBQ; May 19, 2019, 12:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• DoubleUpOrQuit
    commented on 's reply
    I missed you at the class Saturday, Mark V I was looking for a name badge but never found it. I did really enjoy the class, lots of good information.

• SmokeyGator
    replied
    Everything cool in the BBQ world is a full day’s drive away form me. At least. Many would require passage on a jet aircraft.

And to make matters even weirder, I would have to go NORTH. I’m south of the Deep South.

The FL BBQ association has stuff closer to home. Lakeland is only about 4 hours away.

Leave a comment:

• Mark V
    replied
    I will be at the class, as a table captain. My name is Mark and last initial V, will probably be wearing a lanyard with a KCBS badge saying so. I have no way of identifying any of you that will be there so be on the lookout and say hi.

Leave a comment:

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker I am toying with the idea of going to one this year. Unfortunately, the one scheduled for March 2nd here in Omaha conflicts with what we have already scheduled.

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    Milaca

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    I would be down for that for sure! Where is your locker?

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Perhaps, a few guys in my office went last year and said it was fun. Craigar

• Craigar
    commented on 's reply
    You need to do this.

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    I would be cooking competition BBQ now .. if I wasn't starting a meat locker.. maybe next year we can have a meat cutting class..

• Backroadmeats
    commented on 's reply
    Yup. My buddy too..

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Oh yes! Will you be there? I hope so!

• DoubleUpOrQuit
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the link SteinerBBQ

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here