Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitmaster certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pitmaster certification

Hi, I am from Costa Rica. I met a guy here who told me it took him 8 years getting certified as a Pitmaster in Memphis. Im not clear if he was a judge or not, but is there such certification? There are plenty of characters these days and I would like to do a background check. Do you know of any public records or institution that tracks these certs? Thank you. Danny

Welcome to The Pit Danny. We're glad you're here.

I don't know the answer to your question. Who was the sanctioning body that awarded this gentleman Pitmaster status?

Comment

He didn't say yet. I'll let you know if he tells me. I looked around and found Memphis BBQ Network and others, but I was wandering if there's such a thing call certified Pitmaster and a multi-state US organization behind it.

Comment

If you send me a check for $1,000 and a sample of your Q then I will be happy to send you a Pitmaster Certification! J/K. I'd love to hear more about this because it would be cool to call yourself a certified Pitmaster. Just taking the test would be a great exercise.

I wonder if the certification was as a BBQ judge?

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Danny. I am also interesting in seeing how this certification comes out. Unless he is a judge.

Comment

Originally posted by Beefchop View Post
            If you send me a check for $1,000 and a sample of your Q then I will be happy to send you a Pitmaster Certification! J/K. I'd love to hear more about this because it would be cool to call yourself a certified Pitmaster. Just taking the test would be a great exercise.

I wonder if the certification was as a BBQ judge?
            500$ and a picture of your Q gets you an even more impressive certificate from me!

Comment

You all are to high. Just sent me $50 and no sample or pic. I will take your word for it.

Comment

• Papa Bob
                Papa Bob commented
                Editing a comment
                now that's what talking about!!!!

Here is one for $15 you can get online!

Get all your BBQ Pit Boys Official swag.

Comment

• OGMrWhite
                OGMrWhite commented
                Editing a comment
                ignore the second link. I tried that with the add a link button, but it doesn't seem to want to go past the .com and it won't let me delete it.

Guys just get Meathead to give us all certificates. LOL

Comment

Danny don't forget to do your homework and let us know what you produce heat with.

Comment

I have never heard of an official Pitmaster Certification body. Sounds like more of a novelty to me than anything, but I could be underinformed. I'm assuming he means judge/table captain/master judge, etc. These things are real, and climbing the ladder takes time...although I'm not entirely familiar with Memphis BBQ Network. Let's see if CandySue can help us with her experience...

Comment

• Guy
                    Guy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yahhhhhh Candy Sue where are you. Does that rhyme?? LOL

That rhymes with Scooby Doo where are you Guy

Comment

Candy Candy Sue, where are you? We got some ques-tions for you!

Comment

I'm already a pit master, I want to be a multi-pit master, multi-fuel source as well. If you give me meat and a source of heat I wanna be able to nail it.

Comment

Sorry, Huskee, but I have been lurking...

This past year KCBS has toyed with a "Pitmaster" label to reward cooking teams who cook certain numbers of contests. Haven't got the program put together yet.

The Memphis Barbecue Network may have something in place already -- I'm not involved with that group, so I know nothing!

I'd be willing to bet that BBQ Pitmaster is probably some TV show's intellectual property. Personally, I consider myself a "pit mistress" but that's not certified either!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here