Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judge 1st contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judge 1st contest

Kennett Mo, 5/5/18 what a treat, Judging my first contest. In the small town in Mo. the Jaycees did a great job putting on a KCBS BBq contest. On Friday night they invited all the cooks and judges to a all you can eat and drink (beer) crawfish boil. How tasty! They probably had two of those coffin coolers full, crawfish, corn, potatoes, andouille sausage. awesome!
    There were 25 team's, and 24 judges. KCBS rep. did a great job in organization of the judging part. At my table there were some good folks from Memphis, and that part of the country that were very helpful, knowing it was my first judging event. Also my table captain was a very nice lady, helping keep everyone on track. And following the rule's. Speaking of rules the hardest one is you are not suppose to lick your fingers, while judging. LOL try that sometime.

Different prospective: After being on a cooking team first, it gives you and different look at the judging part of competition.
    Teams: The cook teams from that area put out some of the finest BBQ you have ever eat. Great job.
    Judges: Good folks, some have judged 40 to 100 contest, all in, when it comes to great BBQ. And supporting the KCBS.
    Kennett Jaycees: as a token of there appreciation to the judges they gave every judge a bag of charcoal on our way out.
    FUN : Had a great time, meeting others that enjoy eating and cooking great BBQ,
    Pounds: after judging you will gain some. hahaha as you eat a few pound's of it.

Awesome! Nice write up. Thanks

Comment

Sounds like a good time for all!

Comment

Sounds like good times.

Comment

Sounds fantastic, I’m sure a good time was had by all ESPECIALLY the crawfish boil !!’nn

Comment

Shoot, a low country boil? And I wasn't invited? Shame shame. Yall use zatarans, louisana, or frog bone on the mudbugs?

Comment

I'm not sure which one, all I know it was great and my lips' were burning.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here