Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chili Cookoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    I used this as a base last year; I used chorizo instead of the spicy hot breakfast sausage. I took second place out of about eight. This year, I plan to use it again - I'm going to make it with the spicy hot breakfast sausage, but don't know where to get it of good quality; so, I'm going to make my own batch using this seasoning...

• SavageSmoke
    replied
    So I tried the Johnny Trig Chili today. OMG. It is so good.

Leave a comment:

• Donw
    commented on 's reply
    Congratulations on the win, and I’ve made sure to copy this recipe for later use. Thanks.

• trasmc
    replied
    I won in a neighborhood chili cook-off last weekend using this recipe:

https://howtobbqright.com/2017/11/02...-chili-recipe/

Which I found in this thread:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...o-make-it-help

It was very very good, and won in a landslide! I also tried the Sahara Chili (no-beans, just basically beef and spices - also in the second link), which was also very good.
    Last edited by trasmc; October 9, 2019, 06:21 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    commented on 's reply
    Nate A bottle of STP oughtta work in Hormel. Put hair on their chests, even the ladies.

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    Joking aside.. I asked because sanctioned events are very specific about what can't (and even can) be in the bowl... Since there are no rules then you can have all the fun you want... good luck!

• Nate
    commented on 's reply
    well in that case..... all bets are off.... just get you some cans of Hormel and add a bottle of full body (none of that light or lite crap) beer and you should be good to go! You can float a pepper on top to garnish if you wish.

• SavageSmoke
    replied
    Originally posted by Nate View Post
    It really depends on what kind of Chili cookoff you have entered... Is this just a little community deal where no rules apply, is it a sanctioned event where you can't have filler, etc....
    No rules. Just bring a pot of chili.

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    It really depends on what kind of Chili cookoff you have entered... Is this just a little community deal where no rules apply, is it a sanctioned event where you can't have filler, etc....

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Here's one by a fellow PMC member LifebyC , which he's won with. I shared it with someone else a week or so ago. Never made it myself but it sounds fantastic and based on the feedback it must be. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sriracha-chili

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    replied
    Do you have a good base? If you do, I would cook chuck and brisket. Depending on how they turn out, put them both in or put just one in. Since it is a cook-off, you want to make sure you go in with options. I am guessing you have the chili down and are just wondering what meat to put in.

Leave a comment:

• mountainsmoker
    replied
    Sounds like you will be making some test batches in the next few weeks. Why don't you start out with Meathead recipe, it is a mighty fine bowl.

Leave a comment:

• SavageSmoke
    started a topic Chili Cookoff

Chili Cookoff

I’ve entered a chili Cookoff on November 1. Y’all help me win it. I’m thinking brisket chili, but I’m open to your wisdom.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here