Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chili Cookoff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chili Cookoff

I’ve entered a chili Cookoff on November 1. Y’all help me win it. I’m thinking brisket chili, but I’m open to your wisdom.

Sounds like you will be making some test batches in the next few weeks. Why don't you start out with Meathead recipe, it is a mighty fine bowl.

Comment

Do you have a good base? If you do, I would cook chuck and brisket. Depending on how they turn out, put them both in or put just one in. Since it is a cook-off, you want to make sure you go in with options. I am guessing you have the chili down and are just wondering what meat to put in.

Comment

Here's one by a fellow PMC member LifebyC , which he's won with. I shared it with someone else a week or so ago. Never made it myself but it sounds fantastic and based on the feedback it must be. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sriracha-chili

Comment

It really depends on what kind of Chili cookoff you have entered... Is this just a little community deal where no rules apply, is it a sanctioned event where you can't have filler, etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Nate View Post
            It really depends on what kind of Chili cookoff you have entered... Is this just a little community deal where no rules apply, is it a sanctioned event where you can't have filler, etc....
            No rules. Just bring a pot of chili.

Comment

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              well in that case..... all bets are off.... just get you some cans of Hormel and add a bottle of full body (none of that light or lite crap) beer and you should be good to go! You can float a pepper on top to garnish if you wish.

• Nate
              Nate commented
              Editing a comment
              Joking aside.. I asked because sanctioned events are very specific about what can't (and even can) be in the bowl... Since there are no rules then you can have all the fun you want... good luck!

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Nate A bottle of STP oughtta work in Hormel. Put hair on their chests, even the ladies.

I won in a neighborhood chili cook-off last weekend using this recipe:

https://howtobbqright.com/2017/11/02...-chili-recipe/

Which I found in this thread:

https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...o-make-it-help

It was very very good, and won in a landslide! I also tried the Sahara Chili (no-beans, just basically beef and spices - also in the second link), which was also very good.
            Last edited by trasmc; October 9, 2019, 06:21 AM.

Comment

So I tried the Johnny Trig Chili today. OMG. It is so good.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here