Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neighborhood Contest Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neighborhood Contest Help

I've never entered a contest before and need some help. This is just a neighborhood contest, but me being me, I really want to win. I plan to enter the ribs and the chili comp. I have no doubt that Last Meal Blasphemy Ribs will take home the prize. The chili - I was thinking of doing Chili Verde (I know that no one is doing this). The judging is by local dignitaries - likely with no professional training. Are my chances of winning better with the traditional beef/bean chili or something different like Chili Verde? All thoughts and help will be appreciated!. For the record, I've made chili only two times before, so I have no favorite recipe
    The OmegaDog

This a popular award-winning chili recipe from fellow member LifebyC : https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...sriracha-chili

Hard to say what folks will like- will they expect the typical ground beef stewed tomato and cumin-heavy chili, or will a refreshing departure into parts unknown take home the prize? In any case I lok forward to seeing pics and the results of this!

Comment

• OmegaDog12
      OmegaDog12 commented
      Editing a comment
      Huskee ...Thanks much and this is the recipe that will be entered
      The OmegaDog

• Bob's BBQ
      Bob's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Heck yeah - I've made the siracha chili several times and people LOVE it.

You might want to consider either smoked brisket or smoked pulled beef for the meat. That will take it up a notch.

Comment

If I was you and I wanted to "WOW" them......smoke up a brisket cube it and then throw it in the Chili Con Carne recipe by Meathead. Everyone will be adding ground beef or pork. Stand out and throw some smoked Brizzy into the mix! You can also render down some of the trimmed fat, pour the liquid into an ice tray and put it in the fridge. I usually throw two "fat cubes' into the chili to add some more richness to the chili as well. It really makes it stick to your bones!

This is my favorite recipe for chili. I like to throw Fritos and sour creme on the bottom of the bowl before serving, then I pour the chili over the top. It is amazing. And who doesn't love some brisket chili?

Comment

• HawkerXP
        HawkerXP commented
        Editing a comment
        Fritos!

• Spinaker
        Spinaker commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotta do it brotha! HawkerXP

This recipe for the chili. But then I'm bias 😊
      Salsa verde, a.k.a. green enchilada sauce, makes a great soup base. Add some smoked and cubed pork butt, and you've got a fantastic salsa verde pork chili. Taste all the smoky, spicy goodness in this simple tested chili recipe.

Comment

One of my cousins entered a chili verde into his first competition. He not only took home first for chili but first overall. He’s since won first with his chili verde again...

I think part of it is that being of the green variety...it stands out from all of the other "brown/beef" offerings.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here