Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just gonna leave this here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just gonna leave this here...

Super small competition hosted by Paradox Brewing in Divide, CO with no cash prizes, six categories with just 15 minutes between turn ins, including People's Choice & sampling as a meal to raise money for a local non-profit, BUT.... took 2nd in three of the categories, 1st in Chicken, raised well over $2000 @ $20 a head, and walked out the Grand Champion.. A big shout out to Meathead and all the past & present moderators for the education on turning something raw and sometimes cantankerous into something delicious..
    Attached Files

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Oh sure, just leave it here & humbly walk away, admirable! Great job! Ahem, pics of placards? We want meat, we want meat! 👍👍👍 🕶

Comment

• tstalafuse
              tstalafuse commented
              Editing a comment
              Unfortunately, they only gave out the banners for 1st place winners and with just 15 minutes between turn and then just 15 minutes to get 3 samplers out plus People's Choice entry I was, as my mother would say, "busier than a one legged man at butt kicking contest"... So, I have no pictures of anything... If it hadn't been for my wife directing traffic, keeping track of times, totting entries, and keeping me on task it would have been a hot mess.. Yes, actually she is the one who won.

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yer mom really used to say that? Interesting.
              Still, congrats is in store.

• tstalafuse
              tstalafuse commented
              Editing a comment
              Yep. She was also fond of cold weather sayings, colder than a well diggers foot or colder than a witches tit in a brass bra... Her sister was fond of the F-bomb and most conversations contained at least one usage. Very colorful language given their mom never cussed or drank a drop of liquor.

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Very well done. Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats. Competition is always hard. Never know how those judges are gonna score. Kudos.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congrats! Could you share your 1st place chicken recipe? And I understand if ya want to keep it to yourself.

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Congratulations! And glad you were able to raise money for a good cause!

Comment

Congratulations! Good job on the entire event.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here