Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spots Available/Steak Cook/9-2/Northern MI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spots Available/Steak Cook/9-2/Northern MI

If you happen to be in Northern Michigan for the upcoming Labor Day weekend this may be of interest to you.

We still have spots available in a non sanctioned blind judged steak cook.

The Joe Friday SR. Memorial Steak Cook-off:

​​​​​Sept 2. 2017

Richfield Township Park
    10571 E Airport Rd,

St Helen, MI 48656

First Place: 1000.00
    Second Place 500.00
    Third Place 250.00

200.00 entry fee for your space and your steaks!
    All proceeds go to Kid Christmas charity!

If you just happen to be in the area and got no gear I'll be happy to lend you a cooker.

Go to joefriday.org or message me for more details.

Any help bumping this up for a day or three would be greatly appreciated

thanks much.

Comment

This would be fun to attend, Jon. I will be watching you IG feed to get some behind the scenes looks! Good Luck to you sir!

Comment

Jon Solberg, I'd Love to Come to Your Steak Cook Off❓ It would mean Crossing Two Barely Civilized Territories, Minnesota and Wisconsin! Perhaps Another Time❓ CC. Spinaker, ribeyeguy! Have a Great Cook and a Great Labor Day Weekend!
        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Spinaker
          Spinaker commented
          Editing a comment
          Minnesota might swallow you whole!

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          ❓❓❓❓❓ 🙃 👍👍👍👍👍

I'll be a couple of hours south of there. Should be a beautiful day on Saturday. Good luck with the cook off!

Comment

Jon Any details on the event such as if they are selling dinners to the public? Here in Au Gres and not interested in entering but would maybe come by and purchase a couple dinners and watch.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            There will be some bbq for donation. Come on up and cook. Love to have you. I sent you a pm as well cruiseplanner1

Are you entering Jon Solberg

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm not cooking I'm officiating. Table Capt'ing and washing bottles : )
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 29, 2017, 05:34 PM.

Jon , there are some folks down here floating the idea of a steak cook off... any reference info, tips, etc... for getting one going would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
            Jon Solberg commented
            Editing a comment
            Nate. That could take a min Lots moving parts to it. if you want to know I'll start writing a post on it.
            Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 30, 2017, 05:49 AM.

• Nate
            Nate commented
            Editing a comment
            Jon Solberg I looked at the link you provided and I don't think we are looking to go that big or formal.... I would be interested to hear your thoughts and stuff after you all wrap it up and have some time to reflect.

I'm an hour SW of there but I'll be nearly 2hrs the opposite direction that weekend. Most likely I'll be near Mears/Silver Lake for a last beach trip. Have good time.

Comment

I'll be heading North for the weekend, but I'm afraid I'll end up about 2 hours north of there at our cabin. Hope a good time is had by all! I love seeing events happening in MI!

Comment

Trophies are in.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0815.JPG Views:	1 Size:	212.1 KB ID:	371746
              Last edited by Jon Solberg; August 30, 2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-08-30 at 3.49.25 PM.png
Views:	133
Size:	352.3 KB
ID:	371840

Comment

I'm IN!
                  Practice started today! I was 10° over trying cold grate method for sear and started searing at 120° but steak was only about 3/4"- 1" thick.

​

Comment

Alright man! Thanks for jumping in. Ribeye should be 1 pounders. 1 to 1 1/4

Comment

• Powersmoke_80
                      Powersmoke_80 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, this was a pound but with bone in. They will be boneless correct?

• Jon Solberg
                      Jon Solberg commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Boneless. Correct

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0827.JPG
Views:	155
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	372761

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I got two in the fridge.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here