Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Signed up for my 1st SCA cook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats on the first run. I'm looking forward to following your future cooks.

Comment

Congratulations! The fun is the thing. Enjoy the next one!

Comment

Who won it?

Comment

• cmiller0711
          cmiller0711 commented
          Editing a comment
          Not sure of his name. He was not with a bbq team. I feel like its kinda luck as far as top ten spots go. Which i mean luck as far as order of top ten. There are multiple tables in the judges room and your steak only makes it to one table. Whos to say another table wouldnt like the steak better?
          Last edited by cmiller0711; August 23, 2017, 06:49 PM.

This is an old thread, but I just wanted to say that I've signed up for my first SCA contest as well, as a cook.

I got into KCBS judging a couple years ago intending to learn the KCBS ropes, and eventually become a competition cook. I'm so glad I found SCA before I began cooking in KCBS contests. SCA is so much better, and saner in particular.

In SCA, everybody is on the same playing field as far as meat is concerned. The meat is provided. And all steaks are choice-grade ribeyes.

And there's no garnish allowed in the box. Nothing but the meat is judged. What a novel idea.

Hopefully, SCA will drive changes to KCBS. If not, I'll just stick with SCA.

Comment

Good finish for your first time, I noticed that you finished 39th with a score of 216.6 and the person with a score of 216 finished 42nd that is close competition! We do not eat steak that often and I am never satisfied with my results. My wife grew up on a farm and they ate a lot of their own beef and to this day steak is not one of her favourite meals. If I say let’s have steak she says I’d rather eat a hot dog.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here