Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yelm BBq Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Beautiful chicken though. Next time you need to practice let me know; I'll be glad to be one of your testers lol

• PNWsmoke
    replied
    We ground out a second for chicken yesterday.
    it was a long night partying and cooking.
    Even longer day.
    Competition life not for me.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	A5F71855-A753-45ED-B8D5-4B20E1613DF8.jpeg
Views:	231
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	1066438

Leave a comment:

• PNWsmoke
    replied
    And picked up a used PBC for 40 bucks for back up at comp. Not used yet

Leave a comment:

• PNWsmoke
    replied
    I really like crispy skin. My wife says I have chicken addiction.
    I dont think Ill be doing this for backyard cooks.
    Although I also injected with Butcher bbq chicken injection which was a first, it was mighty tender and good.

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    Great, thanks …. Going to see about incorporating this into my teriyaki chicken recipe

• PNWsmoke
    replied
    This vid explains best.
    I did a lot of what he does. Not much scraping tho

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    So, you trim the skin to be the same size as the thigh, take it off, scrape the fat off it, then glue it back on to cook? Any salting or oil? I seriously doubt that I will ever cook a competition, but I aim for the crazy crispy, potato chip level skin on my thighs anyhow. Love to make sure I understand the process you went with.

• PNWsmoke
    replied
    Big news for me , finally got bite thru skin on chicken thighs.
    Trimmed, little skin scraping,jaccard meat tenderizing and meat glue skin on.
    A lot of work but results good.

Leave a comment:

• PNWsmoke
    replied
    Cooked 7 racks spare ribs on the 4th July for practice.
    Different rub combos and sauces,marked 4with tooth picks but lost track of what We were doing. All were tasty and neighbors very happy. Adult beverage s to blame.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    replied
    you can isolate the money muscle but it has to stay attached until cooked, according to KCBS I believe that is 160 or 165 than cut it off wrap it and put in your cooler, that is also like you did wrap cook pork butt until 203 205, put it in cooler to rest. When ready for turn in heat money muscle in some ajus from pork butt drippings glaze it or what ever your going to do and see if that works out a little better for you

Leave a comment:

• PNWsmoke
    replied
    245-255 for 5 hours till meat 165 then wrapped , pulled at at195ish. smoker temp was around 280 another 2 hours.
    After reading some say pull at 180 to 190.
    Money muscle was too tender, as rest of butt was great.
    I did two at the same time and the other could not cut just fell apart.

Leave a comment:

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    what temp did you go to on this money mussel 😎😎😎

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    thanks

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    crispy skin is tough when smoking, bite through skin can be achieved by taking skin off putting it upside down on cutting board and with a very sharp boning knife or filet knife, something a little flexible and cut fat off the skin. trim chicken to the size and shape you want and put skin back on, if you use toothpicks to hold it on PLEASE count them don't accidently leave one in foreign object not good 😎😎😎

• Papa Bob
    commented on 's reply
    can' do that for competition can not season only trim before check in and meat inspection😎 😎😎

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here