Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Competition weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition weekend

Excited for my first bbq competition this Sunday. I’m going into it to have fun and learn, but of course I want to win. I asked to be in charge of pork ribs, and was grateful they quickly said yes. Regardless of results, pretty sure it will be a fun day.

Good luck and have fun!

Comment

• Richard Chrz
      Richard Chrz commented
      Editing a comment
      Have fun is my only goal, well and winning on the ribs section of it. Lol, Thank you

Have fun. I’ll bet you eat good Sunday!

Comment

that sounds like a fun time. you say pork ribs but what ya got goin' more specifically? baby backs, St. Louis, Spares? no comp spice or method details, of course, just some skinny.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        So, not sure on what ribs, never asked. I will show up with everything I would want if I need to break them down. I am bringing my own rub, sauces on the side.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I’m bringing my 26 kettle to smoke them, my team mates are in charge of the two chickens and they are housing a propane smoker. They are both chefs and one a butcher as well, and all sorts of too fancy for me things on the chicken. I will watch and learn though, fun is first, learn is second, any pluses after that are pluses.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        They were Spares we cut down to St. Louis cut.
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; December 5, 2022, 08:13 PM.

Good luck!

Comment

Looking forward to your results.

Comment

Hey, mebbee ya can rig the votin! Stuff the faces & the ballot box, yessir.

Comment

Let us know how it goes.

Comment

Pls keep is updated! And good luck!
              Last edited by Elton's BBQ; June 12, 2021, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Good luck with the competition, I'm sure you will do well.

Comment

• FireMan
                  FireMan commented
                  Editing a comment
                  He sure will, he’s got his thumb on the lever, eh, eh, eh.

Going here next?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	20210612_222825.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	1044568

Comment

• Richard Chrz
                  Richard Chrz commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hahaha, many here could do this, I’m not one of them.

Is this the Bring'n Home the Bacon competition backyard on Sunday in La Crosse? I judged the master series there today, just got home. I won't be judging Sunday, didn't want to stay overnight. I didn't see the Blue Angels, dangit. One jet was up when I left, fun to see what I could of it while driving. Back yard KCBS is usually chicken and ribs. I have never seen baby backs in a KCBS competition. It is legal, just have never seen them. Not sure if that backyard for Bring'n Home the Bacon is KCBS certified though. From what I see, it is filled up with all KCBS judges though. I did stop at Buffalo Gal, picked up Boar chops,
                Bison short ribs, Bison brats, and Boar spare ribs.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Very Much a Fan of Bison meat..

We grow em, hereabouts, thankfully...

• Mark V
                  Mark V commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Mr. Bones This place I stopped at, the bison were just over the fence from me. I refrained from trying to pet them, didn't want to find out what would happen if I got too friendly, or looked too hungry. Never have had bison. I have had boar and am a fan. They didn't have the wild boar at this farm, just the meat! 😁

• Mr. Bones
                  Mr. Bones commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love critters better than I love hominids; this is WIDELY known... I can feed deer, squirrels, various birds out of my hand, on a lucky day...

Lemme tell this, fer true...I would never be such a fool...

Highly Advise not approachin no bison close, like

They are Notoriously Aggressive, best of days, ain't even talkin bout protectin offspring...Bulls weigh between 1000-2200 lbs.

Ya cain't outrun em, an sure as Hail cain't out turn em.

Save yerself a Whole Heap of Troubles...
                  Last edited by Mr. Bones; June 13, 2021, 01:43 AM.

Richard Chrz I go to the La Crosse competition every year, great organizers running that one. Next year I will get a room and stay overnight, judge both days. If we can work out getting together that weekend that would be great!

Comment

Well, tired, hot, learned a bit, and took first place in chicken and ribs! 😜

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
                    Elton's BBQ commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congratulations!

• RonB
                    RonB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats and well done!

• ofelles
                    ofelles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Congrats!!!

Name:	D9B63AD4-B299-4FDF-9D56-D483953FBB08.jpeg
Views:	263
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1045170

Name:	22B62FBF-6B2A-4EBC-A05B-7511CFE8670A.jpeg
Views:	272
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	1045169

Name:	E43B0623-D1CB-410B-A82B-AD57760A3D84.jpeg
Views:	266
Size:	187.5 KB
ID:	1045171

Comment

• TripleB
                    TripleB commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Those ribs look fantastic. Love the cherry/mahogany color. Would love to have tasted those. Congrats on the win..Bravo!

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here