Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

High School BBQ Contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    If they did have BBQ Classes in CA, they wouldn’t grade them on their cooking....they’d get a participation trophy.

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    commented on 's reply
    charcoal, wood, and pellets all cause cancer in CA

• bbqLuv
    replied
    good idea, a skill that will last a lifetime.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    Man, that's amazing. How do people even function day to day down there? Must be frustrating for rational thinkers.

• latenight71
    commented on 's reply
    partially kidding. mostly referring to the sissy lala city where I live. we have to take baby steps with everything. for example, it might be able to be called a BBQ or cooking competition but the word "smoking" would not be allowed because of it's conotation to tobacco. Redding is a great area. mostly have just passed through but I can see it being an area that would support great student activity such as cooking and BBQ!

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    I know you're poking fun, but there are large swaths of California where this could happen easily. One of the Redding high schools actually has an outdoor/BBQ cooking class. Where was that when I was in school!!!

• Greygoose
    replied
    Great write up,,,,
    Good on Texas,,,,,,,doin’ good things

Leave a comment:

• smokin fool
    replied
    Up here there'd be such a blaze you could melt horse shoes.

Leave a comment:

• latenight71
    replied
    This wouldn't work in California. kids would get smoke in their eyes and parents would complain about the dangerous conditions the children are being forced to endure.

Leave a comment:

• SmokingPat
    started a topic High School BBQ Contest

High School BBQ Contest

Teen pitmaster? Why not, it is Texas!

These teens, the future of Texas barbecue, all landed in Llano to compete for scholarship money and recognition as the best young pitmasters in the state.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here