Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pit's First Ever Virtual BBQ Competition

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Flamed grilled P&J, OH my it is very tasty. It happened on a camping trip. Busy with friends and got pranked. Someone slipped in a P&J sandwich with the Ham and Cheese I was grilling for the group.

• Max Good
    replied
    Congrats and good to know you're enjoying our Black Swan BBQ Sauce!

Leave a comment:

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    BTW, the UPS man just now delivered yet another Killer Hogs rub. That makes 3 of each !!!! It's like BBQ Christmas every day !!

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    CaptainMike I've already recused myself from near future contests and did volunteer to judge subsequent events so I'm standing ready. Love to see even more participants, I think folks feel intimidated. Step up to the plate and swing for the fences I say !!!

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    It was a ton of fun. Glad you are enjoying the prize

• CaptainMike
    commented on 's reply
    To be totally honest, I had a feeling you'd be a ringer so I was trying to recruit you as a judge! Happy that it worked out like it did. Hopefully you will be part of a future panel. Enjoy your very just desserts!!

• Troutman
    replied
    Not to over work the topic, but wanted to again thank ecowper, CaptainMike, Mr. Bones and Max Good for not only hosting this first in what I hope are a series of competitions but also for their generous prizes. Wanted you guys to know these will, and already are, being put to use. I use Killer Hogs regularly and yes Max got to try some of your sauce on some pork chops, good stuff !! Thanks again guys for the great idea and the hosting of this event !!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Award.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	156.8 KB
ID:	853631

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    commented on 's reply
    We had a lot of fun!

• Meathead
    replied
    This is sooooo cool!

Leave a comment:

• ecowper
    replied
    One more thing I wanted to do was post a picture from each winning entry with a comment about it.

First up .... Troutman and his pork roast. My thoughts this is visually impressive BBQ AND it looks like something I want to sit down and eat more than one serving. I got hungry looking at this.

Name:	C2F2A0F2-C598-45A9-90B6-21B45AF79949.jpeg
Views:	280
Size:	283.5 KB
ID:	848666

Second ... Henrik and his stuffed tenderloin. I make a stuffed pork loin, but I think Henrik went to a whole new level with this tenderloin. THe addition of the Potatoes Gratin really complimented this. Sides were definitely important since I couldn’t take a taste from a turn-in box.

Name:	72369CFF-3922-4692-A21F-45EC57039815.jpeg
Views:	379
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	848664

Third ... DavidNorcross and his Charrasco Mixed Grill. I LOVE a great bean salad, so that was pretty cool right away. But then we did multiple meats, all beautifully grilled and looking wonderful on top of that bean salad.

Name:	61AD4B13-B06F-4091-8376-37D6513E7DA3.jpeg
Views:	273
Size:	143.5 KB
ID:	848665

Leave a comment:

• mrteddyprincess
    replied
    Yes, thank you judges and congrats to the winners!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Agreed, it was VERY tough to jedge this!!!!
    First words outta my mouth, via PM, when Eric asked me to be a Jedge...

• CaptainMike
    replied
    This was a lot of fun, but man is it ever tough to judge people you consider friends. Just laying it out there like you all did makes you winners in my book. A big thank you to all of the participants, my fellow judge Mr. Bones, and especially ecowper for coming up with this and seeing it through. Very nicely done everyone!

Leave a comment:

• DavidNorcross
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Sir

• Troutman
    replied
    That was a lot of fun, and a fair amount of work. Gotta admit it was a labor of love. Thanks guys, really well done, I love the scoring system. Interesting to see how each judge scored each dish. Too bad there wasn't a tasting component !!

Special shout out to Henrik and DavidNorcross , you two are indeed a couple of fine backyard cooks !!! The rest of the field was mighty impressive indeed, what a great site to ply your wears. Lastly, and although he scored the lowest, TripleB chicken was amazing. That one goes on my short list for sure.

​​​​​​​Great job to the judges and cooks !! Next time more, and I hope a lot more, of the same !!!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here