Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Competition Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Competition Ribs

Good evening everyone,

I have been trying to find a good finishing sauce for comp ribs. Can anyone share some tips on what they have had success in the past? I know a lot of teams use a commercial sauce thats altered with sugar, honey, butter, and other stuff. Has ony used a homemade glaze or just used a store bought glaze? Also rubs- anyone had luck using the meathead dust, or any other simple recipe?

I've had my best luck with a mixture of blues hog original and blues hog Tennessee red. usually about 2/3 original and 1/3 Tennessee Red

Comment

I used the AR KC sauce and did OK in the competitions I have entered (Backyard division). The sauce wasn't the issue with the result. The sauce should be in the background and should complement the rub IMO

Comment

I have used a 50/50 mix of Blues Hog Original and Tennessee Red but switched over the Swamp Boys for the last couple of comps. Swamp Boys is great straight out of the bottle so it makes it easy at the comps.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here