Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ironman BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richinlbrg
    replied
    Congratulations on your results, Candy Sue!!

But I am so sorry i didn't see this thread sooner. I am not that far away and could have gotten supplies for you.

FWIW, you were exactly right to stick with what you are familiar with.

Hope you are happy with the result!
    Last edited by richinlbrg; April 6, 2015, 04:47 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Congratulations on the call Ms. C.

Leave a comment:

• David Parrish
    replied
    I guess with a name like "Ironman" a few bumps along the road are expected. Congrats on the rib call!

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    This was BRUTAL!!! The wind blowing, cold temperatures, rain, lost the canopy, the WSM was a bit out of kilter, demanding pretty constant attention. It was a success -- got a call in ribs 10th place and came in (barely) in the top half. I was dangerous driving back to Baltimore to the hotel. Collapsed after a long, hot shower sleeping for a solid 9 hours. Glad to be home!

Leave a comment:

• Guy
    replied
    Candy Sue, good luck and hope you do well. I am glad to hear I am not the only one that forgets to take pictures.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Candy Sue, I think you are spot on taking what you are familiar with. That goes for everything you will need.

Good Luck, and have a great time. I look forward to your post and pics after it is over.

Leave a comment:

• The Burn
    replied
    Where in PA is this CandySueQ and when this weekend? Depending on the answers, I might take a drive (I'm 30 miles west of Philly).

Leave a comment:

• Gunderich_1
    replied
    Good luck CandySueQ ! I have heard of the Iron Man. It's something I would like to try because I don't go with anything electronic (okay other than thermomoters)LOL. I really like the old style way of doing things. And before anyone piles on, I think pellet smokers and Guru's and Stokers are great for those that like them. I am just hard headed and like tending my fire. Please keep us posted and hopeuflly take lost of photos. Again, best of luck!

Leave a comment:

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Call first to see if they have stock! My local restaurant supply carries 10# bag for $8. Got it packed (clothes too)!

Leave a comment:

• _John_
    replied
    I think you ought to take it on as carry-on, plenty of conversation there! The Ozark Oak guys are near here, but I don't see a site for them, wonder if I could go check the place out and pick up some fresh stuff.

Leave a comment:

• scorched_porch
    commented on 's reply
    Nope - Every chef brings his own knives to work.

• CandySueQ
    commented on 's reply
    Going to need 3-4 garbage bags. I'll bag the charcoal up in garbage bags. Then I can cross garbage bags off the buy list! Whole idea is to limit everything to 4 bags (counting purse), meat and purse go on the plane, check the charcoal and cooler

• CurlingDog
    commented on 's reply
    not at all... go with what you know. I would pack it in a separate bag than with your clothes tho... ;0)

• CandySueQ
    replied
    My iphone. Biggest problem is remembering to take photos! But I'm going to try to do better.

Do you think I'm being silly about the charcoal?

Leave a comment:

• scorched_porch
    replied
    Did you pack a camera so we can see your pictures?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis