Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sweden won in South American BBQ in Valdivia, Chile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweden won in South American BBQ in Valdivia, Chile

Last week the South American International BBQ & Grill Tournament was held in Valdivia, Chile. I'm infinitely proud to say that the Swedish team came out as overall winners, taking home the 1st place trophy.

The team consists of Pierre Öxell an Jonas Borssén, they've been around bbq for a long time. Jonas has worked as a chef for many years.

Here are the results (as a pdf):

http://www.chilebbq.cl/wp-content/up...RES-TORNEO.pdf

The dishes/meats were: beef, lamb, chicken, fish, pork.They took 1st place with ribs.

Very cool, travelling around half the globe and then go and win the whole thing!

Ahhh, WIBS! Wouldn’t ya know it.

Comment

Go Sweden!

Comment

Congrats Henrik. Do you know either team member?

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I’ve met them both a few times.

Nice Job, Team Sweden!

Comment

That would be an interesting pitcast episode...

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Now, I've heard of the Swedish Bikini Team, but the Swedish BBQ Team? Hurray for Team Sweden!!
              Last edited by CaptainMike; January 19, 2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

You know as a Swedish American that makes me proud...but, why weren’t you there ????

Comment

• Henrik
                  Henrik commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good point! You need to compete to qualify, and I didn't compete in 2018...

Swedes winning in Chile and a Kiwi taking Argentina to a new level. BBQ is taking the world by storm.👍🏻

Comment

Congrats to the Swedish team!

"Confirmed their participation Holland, Ireland, Sweden, Lebanon, Argentina, Brazil, Venezuela, Mexico and Costa Rica. The event will be included in the official calendar of the World Barbecue Association."

Kinda surprised there were no teams from the USA.

Comment

• Ahumadora
                    Ahumadora commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They call themselves world BBQ association. but most are from Ireland and as we all know that is the true home of good bbq.

• Troutman
                    Troutman commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well that's a bold statement.....cough, cough TEXAS !!!!!

Yep, I had friends go, but didn't go in the end. Later in the year I plan some excursions outside the country later this year as I have a trailer set up for a BBQ school.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                    HawkerXP commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Maybe a visit to Washington DC?

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here