Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SRF's New Packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SRF's New Packaging

Just received yesterday my order from SRF from the previous weekends bogo event. They have gone to a whole new packaging concept. Everything used to come wrapped in a thick piece of insulation that you would have to figure out what to do with after unpacking. Now the entire box is lined with a 3/4" plastic wrapped piece of corn starch insulation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	srf box.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	599277

According to their web site you can take the corn starch insulation out of it's plastic wrap and dispose of it by putting it in the sink with water and it will dissolve completely and you just rinse it down the sink. So I thought I would give it a try. Put it in the sink with about 2" of water and plopped one panel in.

Name:	in water.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	48.0 KB
ID:	599278

Soaked it for about 30 seconds and then pushed the whole thing underwater. It fell apart and started to dissolve instantly.

Name:	inwater 2.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	599279

In less than a minute and a few stirs of the water it was gone!

Name:	inwater 3.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	56.5 KB
ID:	599280

The other use for this according to the web site is it can be used as a fire starter. So I couldn't pass up the chance to play with a little fire so I lit some up!

Name:	fire.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	599281

It lit instantly and burned cleanly. The piece you seen there lasted probably seven minutes with a good flame the whole time. Break it up into smaller pieces and it would easily start some kindling for a fire or probably even work in a chimney starter to start some coals!

Name:	fire1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	599282

Name:	fire2.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	113.0 KB
ID:	599283

They got nice new fancy outside boxes too!

Name:	SRF delivery.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	599284

All in all I'm impressed! Oh and the stuff that came inside the boxes looked pretty good too!

I have received a few orders with this new packaging, and another on the way. I love it! Much better I think.

Comment

Good to see this.

Comment

Part of me used to like having a few styrofoam coolers around like they used to ship in. But disposing of those was a pain. Love the new packaging though. Seems like it does a great job keeping everything frozen. Always plenty of dry ice left for the kids to play with.

Comment

I use the old ones for 40lb Dog Food boxes, and faux cambro. Take 'em with me when I fish for small species like crappie.

Life is always changing, I always have to adapt, the only constant is my dog always has gas...

Comment

• EdF
            EdF commented
            Editing a comment
            Doggie gas is definitely one of those things you can rely on for stability!

Everything arrived frozen solid but the dry ice was gone. A little bit surprising being the weather was cold here and it came from their distribution center in Kansas City.

Comment

I am thinking they are gauging how much dry ice to add based on temps/distance myself. But funny, mine arrived frozen solid with two huge chunks of ice left here in Texas. Weather is all over the place this time of year. It was in the low of 34 last week, and tonight it is dang near 80 still.

Comment

The option to burn solves the negative answer to my following question, but is the soluble option septic friendly?

Comment

Originally posted by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs View Post
                The option to burn solves the negative answer to my following question, but is the soluble option septic friendly?
                I would think so. It's 100% biodegradeable. It left nothing in my sink when it drained.

Comment

Yeah, I love the new SRF packaging. I bought a brisket about a month ago and I was impressed with the packaging. Pretty cool that you can burn it, but that bath tub trick is crazy.

Good luck with the Wagyu!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here