Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KCBS Kosher BBQ Competitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KCBS Kosher BBQ Competitions

KCBS is moving toward the adoption of Kosher BBQ competitions. They offered one Kosher judging class this year. I'm not sure if it will catch on, but I hope it does.

I'm not Jewish, but I much prefer BBQ beef to BBQ pork. Just my preference.

The meats in Kosher comps will be chicken, beef ribs, turkey, and brisket.

However, the logistics may be way more complicated than it sounds because of the rules that govern Kosher certification. I read an article on the internet that said in Kosher competitions, all the cooks bring is themselves. The competition organizer provides:

1. All meat.
    2. All smokers/grills.
    3. All ingredients to make rubs/brines/marinades/sauces.
    4. All utensils and other cookware used during the comp.

Only 100% certified Kosher "stuff" can be used, and they are not willing to take a chance on a cook "accidentally" using a spatula that has ever come in contact with any part of a pig. And they're not willing to take the cooks' word for it.

At least that's what the article said.

It'll be interesting to see if this movement gets some legs under it. I hope so. KCBS would welcome the Jewish community with open arms.
    Last edited by TBoneJack; May 6, 2018, 04:09 PM. Reason: Grammar fix

This sounds fairer to me because everyone will be using the exact same things.

Comment

Wow. This will certainly cause a stir.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here