Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hammond BBQ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hammond BBQ!

It's the weekend for one of my favorite BBQ contests! I love just about all things Louisiana and one of the best things about this contest is the food -- not what I cook, what's there to eat! I've cooked this contest since the 2nd year (2005) and I won't miss it!

2 years ago, I the door to the firebox on the Jambo fell off (missing nut, rusty hinge, inadequate door latch) when I left work and went over the railroad tracks. Turned around to park the pit, headed home for a 22" WSM. I was hoping to bring the Jambo back out tomorrow, but my pellet-fire builder isn't quite ready to let it go. I think he wants to cook on it this weekend!

If you're in the neighborhood, come by and say howdy! I'll be in the red van with the red cooker in between Chik, Swine & Bovine and Blind Hog BBQ.

I wish I could make it down there. I love Cajun food. Good luck!

BTW, how did you do in your last competition?

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I have not been doing well. I was so close to the bottom in Hammond, it hurt! Had a great time. I need to take a serious look at what I'm doing different and stop it!

Good luck. I looked at that event but did not know a thing about Hammond. I will definitely look hard at it next year. I like to get out of state at least once a year to judge. I'm heading out this weekend to the Santa Anita Winner's Circle BBQ. It is held at the horse track and you can watch the horses race after the event. First judging comp this year. YeeHaw!!

And no, they are not smoking horse meat....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Equine vet in college had some, he said the BBQ sauce was hot and the beer was cold. No complaints.

Working under a veterinarian right now that works in Hammond often.

Comment

Knock it outta the park, CandySueQ . Wishing you great cooks and good times.

Kathryn

Comment

I would have been there in a heartbeat before my move to Dallas.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here