Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st KCBS Backyard BBQ competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    replied
    Good luck and have tons of fun. And if you have an Amazing Ribs shirt or t-shirt, don't forget to wear it...

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    I think an extremely sharp knife, (non-serrated), would be a good place to start.

• SierraBBQGuy
    replied
    I have entered the Backyard division of the Silicon Valley KCBS Contest for a number of years now, it’s tri tip and chicken. We have a blast, even won 1st place tri tip once. Lots of great people. Have fun!

Leave a comment:

• Pirate Scott
    replied
    Sounds like fun! Good Luck. I am sure you will do well. I don’t want to Hijack your Thread but I have a question about Competition Ribs. How do you get them them to slice so nicely? When mine are Probe Tender they do not slice, they shred.

Leave a comment:

• jfmorris
    replied
    Yes I am pondering doing the same thing - there is a "shadetree" category in the local KCBS sanctioned event in May with chicken and ribs only. $200 to enter. I may not do it this year, but certainly will at some point.

i need to work on beefing up the legs and wheels on my offset, or get a PBC or something more portable, to be ready for something like this, I guess the Weber and SNS are always an option.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Sounds like fun. As expected, we require pictures and a full report.

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    I wish y'all th very best of luck, brother, an hope that ya have big fun in th process!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Steve R.
    started a topic 1st KCBS Backyard BBQ competition

1st KCBS Backyard BBQ competition

I hadn't really given much thought to the idea of competing, but I found out yesterday that there will be a Backyard competition held in little ol' E'town, in conjunction with the "BBQ, Blues and Bikes Festival" in May (https://bbqbluesfest.com/). It is getting to be a bigger deal each year, and now they are adding a competition to the mix. The required meats are ribs and chicken. A friend/neighbor has some limited competition experience and is really good with chicken, so... challenge accepted! We will team up and see how it goes, but the idea of being judged by folks who actually know what they're doing really appeals to me.

My buddy has already sent me a link to another backyard comp in August, so this might become a new variation on my hobby.
    Last edited by Steve R.; March 10, 2018, 10:53 AM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here