Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Butterflies. HH's 1st Competition.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butterflies. HH's 1st Competition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9034.JPG
Views:	167
Size:	108.4 KB
ID:	390848Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9033.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	124.7 KB
ID:	390850

So last week a Pit member posted an add for a steak cookoff competition. It just so happens to be in my backyard across the street from my school. I was reminded by SWMBO that I was otherwise occupied and bowed out. Since then many arrangemenets have been made and I am proud to say that I am officially In.

Guess who is my wingman?? SWMBO! Sophia has graciously accepted my invitation.
    Sophia: But I don't know anything about cooking this way.
    HH: Neither do I.

There are plenty of friends I could ask however I couldn't think of anyone who I'd rather do this with.

Sophia and I would like to personally call out Jon Solberg for donating the entry fee as its tight for us right now. This event helps OBR and their efforts. A great cause.

Needless s to say I'm a bit frightened and have some butterflies but I do have experience embarrassing myself so I'll adjust.

Look what HH found to practice on. What's wrong with this picture? πŸ˜€πŸ˜€ I feel guilty about it but apparently I have no shame.

Peace
    HH

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9028.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	390849

Your switching labels again!

Comment

Yippee! We totally have yours and Sophie's back. Go Team HouseHomey !!!!

Comment

Kudos to you, Jon Solberg , for your help in this effort. And hearty encouragement to you and your lovely wife, HouseHomey. Go team!

Kathryn

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you.

Way to go, HH!! You'll do GREAT!

And kudos again to Jon!

Comment

Awesome. The big guys gonna have a bigger cook. Can't wait to hear about your successful cook off.
          You and Sophie got this.
          well maybe the second emoji first.

Comment

I'm sure you will do great.

Comment

Have a great time - Jon, Thanks for donating to the cause.
              Go get em HH

Comment

I knew there was a reason I like Jon Solberg go get'em HouseHomey

Comment

You got this Homey! Go Team Homey!

Comment

DWCowles guess what Jon Solberg is a beast. Luke Cage - Jon Solberg..... just saying.

Comment

HouseHomey it sounds like you have a great team, I'm sure you will do well especially if you both focus on having a good time. Can't wait to see the pics.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                        HouseHomey commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Jon is a great voice of reason.

Good luck double H!

Jon Solberg you are a gentleman and a scholar, fine sir.

Comment

Not sure why you are worried... the meats are 100% Guaranteed to win... says so right on the package. Step to it.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                          HouseHomey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          That took me a minute..............………… ok...... Bwahahahahaha that was funny. Nice!

• FlaBouy
                          FlaBouy commented
                          Editing a comment
                          It's all on you brotha.. the meat did it's part.😎

This is wonderful HouseHomey ! And your wonderful wife is helping! Great find on the back ribs. I can’t get that "quality" for less than $10 per pound! Of course mine have different labels, too.

Comment

• HouseHomey
                          HouseHomey commented
                          Editing a comment
                          These are SoCal back ribs. I guess not having real butchers in big box is not always a bad thing for me. πŸ˜€

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here