Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local annual Pensacola competition canceled. On the hunt....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Local annual Pensacola competition canceled. On the hunt....

....for others that aren't too geographically distant.

Not sure of the exact reasons but something happened between the main sponsor and the organizers. It resulted first in a the organizers stepping down, then the entire thing getting canceled. A little bummed out since my teammate and I have cooked in this event for all but one year of it's 7 or 8 year run. We started as Backyard and have been in the Pro division for the last three years. The organizers did a great job and it was a fun time! Hopeful that there will be another sponsoring group that will pick it up and get the organizing team back together.

So, now I'm on the look-out for a trailer so I can easily move my gear to an event outside my locale and then I'll break out the map and start plotting my course. I'm going to look into some FBA events along with KCBS events. Should be interesting.

Bummer! It seems like FLBuckeye cooked some FL comps, I might be wrong. If so he may be able to help.

Comment

• FLBuckeye
      FLBuckeye commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, the Plant City Pig Jam is in November. I also competed at an event in Bartow

I've cooked that contest often. It's sad that it's gone. I think when Ivan left the Knights, no one else stepped up.

Comment

• Jlock
      Jlock commented
      Editing a comment
      From the sounds of his (very PC) Facebook posting, that's exactly what it sounded like. What doesn't make sense to me is why the other organizers on his team left as well. But everyone has their reasons. Oh well....life goes on.

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      There were volunteers, but Ivan was always very much in charge!

Rent a Uhaul trailer for $20 a day and hit the road!!

Comment

My first time attending a competition was here and got to meet Jlock and CandySueQ. I had a great time!

Comment

• FLBuckeye
        FLBuckeye commented
        Editing a comment
        I met CandySueQ in Plant City a few years ago

Jlock CandySueQ According to their Facebook page it's back on! A couple recent posts:

Smokin' In The Square BBQ shared Francis De La Bruere's photo.

September 12 at 7:50pm ·

Okay gang and all those I haven't met yet! Feeling like Bret Farr at the moment, and coming out of retirement to put Smokin In The Square back on it's feet! My brothers and sisters of St Sylvestors have called on me to keep this great event going, and not for it to fade off in the distance.My love of my life, Nikki Delabruere has given me her blessing. Got some work ahead of us, for due to the cancelling originally last month, some new challenges have risen up. But as always we'll leave it in God's hands and start digging in. Looking forward to working closely with my friend, and soon to be yours, Frank Suarez. He is our co chair and direct link to the group taking it from here. Our original core team members are also invited and incouraged to be a part as well. Couldn't have gotten this far without them. With all that said, STAY TUNED!

Smokin' In The Square BBQ

September 15 at 1:47pm ·

We are ramping up for another BBQ Competition Year! Mark your calendars for March 16-17, 2018, Smokin' In The Square will be having their 9th Annual BBQ Competition. We will have applications available soon, so keep checking here and our website at https://www.smokininthesquare.com for updates.

Comment

fuzzydaddy , Yeah, my wife sent me a screenshot of the FB page this weekend. Not sure from the message Ivan put out exactly who is going to be responsible for the event. It sounds to me like he's consulting and/or training a new organizer. That could be a good thing or not. I had heard from a competition in GA that when some of the larger traveling teams got wind that the original crew stepped down, they were not going to attend the event. Sad if that's the case. But we'll see. Either way, I'm planning accordingly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here