Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wynne, AR June 10th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wynne, AR June 10th

I've got 8 KCBS contests done this year and one IBCA! Last weekend was Wynne, AR. 45 teams were there, the GC is #3 in team of the year standings and RGC was at #6 position. I didn't have a bad cook. I'm back to struggling with chicken and ribs. Next 3 weekends are off and I'm glad!

Chicken was my lowest score at 26th.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CK.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	193.5 KB
ID:	332157
    Scores were: 988, 898, 998, 988, 988, 978

Ribs were 20th. I cooked on a 30 gal Gateway Drum. It was really the first cook with the thermometer in. Ribs were overdone.

Name:	RB.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	210.0 KB
ID:	332158
    Scores were: 989, 988, 998, 988, 878, 998

Pork was 9th!

Name:	PK.JPG
Views:	163
Size:	204.6 KB
ID:	332159
    Scores were: 998, 799, 999, 989, 978, 889

Brisket was 7th!

Name:	BR.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	332160
    Scores were: 999, 999, 999, 999, 887, 978. All I needed was one more judge to give me 999 to have a perfect score!

This last one just broke my heart! I thought this was the prettiest tray of bloody marys with grilled jumbo shrimp. 6 of 9. I'm not doing this again.

Name:	BM.JPG
Views:	118
Size:	213.1 KB
ID:	332161

Nicely done! I'll take the bloody mary, those look excellent!

Comment

What kills me, how do you get a 799 with a 999 in pork?or was that fat fingered?

Comment

• CandySueQ
        CandySueQ commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes you go Huuuummmm! I may ask to see my pork scorecards.

6th out of 49 puts you in the top 12% CS - Congrats!

Comment

I have never seen a competition, but I'd be glad to eat what you're showing us. Looks delicious!

Comment

Precisely what would frustrate me to no end cooking in a competition. Everything looks incredible, and I can only imagine it is. But then when the bar's so high with other talented folks, you get lower than hope for scores and it breaks your heart. I'm not sure I want that for me. But everything looks so nice, keep up the great work!

Comment

Having watched a few competitions they seem to more about the likes and dislikes of the judges than the food. That will give you 100 point swings in scores.

Comment

They all look great to me. Enjoy the break.

Comment

Thanks for all the kind words! As of today, BBQr's Delight is team number 73 in the KCBS team of the year race in Pork. I'm much further down in the other categories and overall. In Cowboy Charcoal woman pitmaster sub-race, I'm still 6th, but Survivor-Que is only 6 points behind me and I think she's cooking more in June. Met her and her hubby in Wynne, they are from Ozark, Ark.

Yes, it is frustrating but when judging is completely subjective and the luck factor is large, it's just what it is! I enjoy the process. I think if I didn't enjoy the work of it, I'd quit doing it. Getting your name called at awards is a definite thrill though!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here