Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis In May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis In May

Memphis in May's big BBQ championship is next week. I am going for the first time next Saturday. Is anyone else going? Also, if anyone has been before, any advice or pointers? I will probably need a BBQ intervention whem I am done,lol.

I've never been but I hope you have a blast!

Comment

I live here and it has been forever since I last went to the BBQ contest. It is always a mad house down on the river and you have to walk a long way from where you can find a parking spot and with bad knees and a wife with bad feet that is never a good thing. I guess I am just getting to old to do that sort of thing, oh well, lol!

Comment

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds cool, I have never seen a Meadow Creek other than photos but I sure would like to see one. What is the name of your team, if I happen to be able to get away and come down there I will stop and say hi.

• Gunderich_1
        Gunderich_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oops. Sorry, no team. Interested bystander. AKA, tourist, lol. One of the main things I am going to be checking out is whole hog cooks as that is one of my next projects. Hopefully they will talk to us mere mortals.

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok, I got ya. Have a good time then, there is always lot to see and most of the teams will talk to you and show you what they are doing. Great bunch of people!

No pointers, but best of luck! Have fun and send pictures!

Comment

• Gunderich_1
        Gunderich_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I will do that. Should I maybe get an autograph book? Lol

Hey Gundererich_1

I'll be down there all week. I dont know what my Saturday looks like right now. If the stars line up it will be great to meet up for a bit.

Comment

• Gunderich_1
        Gunderich_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Great. Sounds like a plan. Everything is still a go so far. Gonna be a warm on Saturday. 88 degrees and partly cloudy. Perfect BBQ weather. I will get with you later this week.

• Powersmoke_80
        Powersmoke_80 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good luck Jon and take good notes!

Gunderich_1, have a great time, it's on my bucket list. I've been to Memphis and it's great, just wasn't in May. I never made it too far from Beale.

Comment

• Gunderich_1
        Gunderich_1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Sir. I am looking forward to. It's going to be fun and educational I'm sure. I will make sure I do a full report.

Hi my wife and I went 2 years ago. Lot's of fun. Take the BBQ tours where you will get to meet teams and learn from them. Stax record tour was fun if you like Memphis Soul. My favorite BBQ joint was the Cottage. It is truly impressive the parties the corporate competitors throw. 3 stories high!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here