Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first compitition with my KBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Spinaker, the competition was in Oak Grove, MN. Here's the link: https://st-patricks.org/about/countryfest/

I'm about 1.5 hours southwest of there. I probably won't do it again because of the drive. I'm definitely doing Minnesota in May next year at the State Fair. They have both a backyard bbq and professional competition. The backyard one only requires competitors to cooks 2 meats: chicken and ribs. That's the one I'll be entering. Maybe I'll see you there?

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Next year we could do Dueling KBQs

Spinaker, I learned of this competition through MN's KCBS site. They list all the contests coming up - both backyard and professional. Check it out: http://mnbbqsociety.com/contests/

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Cool! I am a member. I was at MN in May last year. We should meet up when the contest comes around. I would like to hang out at the comp.

What did you do to get around the open fire rule? I know some BBQ comps say you can't have an open fire and they consider the KBQ's burn area as open... looks like you have some sort of topper now... did you fabricate that or are they making that now?

Comment

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      Ericm .... Awesome and Congrats!

• Histrix
      Histrix commented
      Editing a comment
      The lid on the firebox is standard with the KBQ. I usually don't use mine tho.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      KBQ has always included a lid for the firebox. Nate

Ericm, Like You I have only entered one Rib Cookoff, Get Sticky in Dickey ND a Charity Event For Hospice of the Red River Valley ! Dickey has a Pop. of "50", 33 Cookers Competed, and I end up in 18th Place? In total over $7,000.00 was raised for Hospice! Not to Shabby! Eunice and I had more fun than should be legal!
    Congratulations on Your 6th Place!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Good for you! I bet the KBQ did get some eyebrow raises!

Comment

• Nate
        Nate commented
        Editing a comment
        Is KCBS allowing KBQ use?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here