Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windy City BBQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windy City BBQ

I had posted this in the general discussion section without any response so I thought I'd try it here. Has anyone been to this event before? Is anyone going this year? I've never been to a BBQ competition before and was wondering if they thought it was worth the $80 general admission price. It does include all the food you can eat plus craft beer samples and live music. Just wanted to hear others thoughts. Thx

Never heard of it but for that price i would do it, i can eat 80 bucks worth easy

Comment

Not local to me, but I would be all over BBQ, talking to the teams, beer, and blues plus a hog butcher demo. Seems like a great deal to me

Comment

I think my brother in law and I will take the train into the city for this. No need for a dd then. I'll be sure and take pictures and report back

Comment

I read through the whole site. I may make the 6 hour drive from Minneapolis for that event.

Comment

By all means if you do we could hook up and say hello. It looks like a really interesting event. I believe that BBQ team Cancer Sucks that is featured on AR has competed in this before. Not sure if they're competing this year or not

Comment

Steep price, but if it's an all day event and you can squeeze in a couple meals' worth of food plus snacks and the overall festivities of the crowd, I'd think it'd be $80 well spent.

Comment

Rumor has it (well, the organizer posted it on another BBQ forum), that this event will probably go KCBS next year. Something about edible flowers used as garnish!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here