Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Memphis in May article....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Memphis in May article....

What caught my eye in the article.

Teams can pay as much as $4,500 just to rent their space at the competition (including a $120 worth of liability insurance), and second place winnings won’t even cover your rent.

Well, congrats to Myron Mixon and Jacks Old South on another Grand Champion win at Memphis in May BBQ contest, I think he is now tied for the most with that honor with another team with 4 titles to show for it. Way to go Myron, you gotta love it!

Comment

In his interview in bbq central Myron said he the spent 20,000 plus for that competition.

Comment

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        I would have to aggree with that Michael, the people that compete love doing it and are surely not doing it for the money. I have a few friends that compete and some of them compete in the Memphis in May BBQ contest but I don't think any of them have ever won a top prize, they do it for fun.

• Storlok
        Storlok commented
        Editing a comment
        I live just South of Memphis in Mississippi. I know several local folks who compete in this event every year. Most of the ones I know do it because of the funds that go to St. Jude's Children's hospital.

• vandy
        vandy commented
        Editing a comment
        I hadn't thought of that Storlok, I am sure that is a big reason for most people doing it. I am also just south of Memphis in Olive Branch so it is good to know I have a neighbor that likes BBQing like me.

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here