Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Really BIG Brisket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CandySueQ Do you pay for these briskets? Or does a sponsor pay for them? I just can't believe that half the weight of that sucker is fat!! If your paying for them, aren't you just a bit miffed that they sold you half of a product you can't use, yet had to pay for?

Comment

Only assistance I get from a sponsor is all the broken bags of pellets I can use and time off on Fridays! So, yes, I pay for them! And I like it that way. I buy Snake River Farms brisket only when they have a discount offered. I think I got the really big brisket at a 30% off time. I always buy more than one brisket so there's additional cost savings. Years ago, 2-day freight was added from Idaho. Now days they ship out of KC so freight isn't near what it was.

I like how it tastes! I can make a pretty decent brisket from a Select or Angus Choice, but there really is a big taste difference in SRF. I'm not so sure that the Gold designation is worth the extra though.

Comment

SRF or some other provider of quality beef ought to start offering perfectly trimmed smoker ready briskets. Then they can use the off fall, the fat, they trim off and market it as a separate product... "Beef Love".😆

They could render all of that fat in a huge pot and when it cools to room temperature poor it into ice cube size trays to make beef love cubes. Put it in some pretty packaging and sell it as another product, with instruction to put the cubes in a small bowl and nuke them for 90 seconds.

That way they get 100% yield at premium prices.👌

Comment

Good ideas! I've sworn to start saving fat to render and make soap. Yes, I've made soap before. Problem is my freezers are too full! SRF does sell rendered fat already in a tub. Personally, I wouldn't buy an already trimmed brisket. I like doing it myself.

Comment

• Breadhead
            Breadhead commented
            Editing a comment
            Making soap? Don't give me ideas, I have enough things on my "when I get around to it" list.🤔

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here