Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Solo Comp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CandySueQ
    replied
    Sorry for your friend's illness, but I have every expectation that you'll do just fine solo. As a solo cook myself, the main thing is to simplify as much as you can, make a timeline and stick to it. Clean as you go and stay organized. Do as much as you are allowed to do before arriving to the contest (pretrim meats etc.). If you aren't going to use something, don't take it, it will just be in the way!

Leave a comment:

• Breadhead
    replied
    Jlock ...

That's unfortunate that your BBQ buddy is having a health problem. Take him some BBQ when he gets home. BBQ courses through your veins and seeks out whatever ails you.

If I were ever to enter a BBQ competition I would first decide what I was going to cook. What rub, sauces & spices I was going to use. Then I would make that exact cook at least 3 times before the competition.

Good luck my friend. I hope you do well.👍

Leave a comment:

• 2AngelsBBQ
    replied
    Good luck in the comp JLock!! And our wishes are with your friend fr a speedy recovery! Let us know how the comp turns out! And don't forget to post pics!!

Rain

Leave a comment:

• Jlock
    started a topic First Solo Comp

First Solo Comp

For the last 6 years one of my best friends and I have entered a local KCBS event. We have had two calls when we were backyard. Last year we made the jump into the pro division. It was quite a learning experience. But we agreed it was fun enough to do it again this year.

Sadly he had an ER visit on Sunday and called to tell me he wouldn't be able to participate this year. BBQ competition is least of anyone's priorities and I told him that. His health is what concerned me the most. But as we talked more we decided that with 25 days until the competition I have the time to try to pull this off myself. He may be there for support but for the most part the smoke will be all me.

So wish me luck. I may have some help coming in town. Plus the future Mrs JLock is always willing to get into the Q action. I think that as long as I bring enough bourbon I should be ok.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here