Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 Competition Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2016 Competition Schedule

It's not even the end of January and I've signed up for 7 events, one in just 2 weeks! It's the Twin Cities Mardi Gras Cookoff (IBCA and SCA) in Monroe, LA.

The rest are KCBS events. Nashville, TN; Hammond, LA; Jackson, TN; Stuttgart, AR; Southaven, MS and Bryant, AR. There'll be more!

Ever thought about being a BBQ competitor? Want to see how it's done? Contact me and come help BBQr's Delight!

Is the Nashville event this one? I'm just outside of Nashville (I-24 East in Murfreesboro), maybe 40 miles away and if I can clear my schedule I would love to come and help anyway I could, and if no help is needed then as a spectator.

Smoke on the Shores
    Nashville, TN
    March 11 - 12, 2016
    STATE CHAMPIONSHIP

KCBS Reps: KATHY BRAZIER, PHILLIP BRAZIER
    Contest Number: 6107

Nashville Shores Lakeside resort - 4001 Bell Road, Nashville, TN 37076 .

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      That's the one!

I'd like to go to one just to look at all the smokers. If they change Monroe to Shreveport I might could make it.

I'd have to be working in Hammond at the time. Almost made the trip once.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      The Hammond contest is PHENOMINAL! I've been every year except the first (I wasn't cooking then).

Shreveport has a contest 2/26-27. Opted against that one in favor of celebrating Dad's 89th birthday.

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow 89!! Whose cooking for the party?

Do you ever go to the American Royal?

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I qualified for the Invitational in 2009 and cooked both it and the Open in 2010. Then I was KCBS president for 3 years and I cooked it all 3 of those years. This past weekend was my last KCBS Board meeting and there's a real nice little contest just 30 miles from home AR weekend, so not likely to cook it again. LOVE IT though!

How cool! If you end up back in the PA area, I'd love to do that.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      That Ironman was brutal last year! I'll sure let you know if I make it up that way.

Candy if you come up to MI I'd be happy to come help.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that's a road trip! Almost 15 hours from here to Auburn Hills (2 of my favorite people are the contest officials at the 8th Annual Auburn Hills BBQ Cookoff 6/24-25). 5 contests in MI, which includes a Sam's Club tournament.

What is the event in Shreveport ? That is real close to me and might want to go check it out. Not to enter ( I am a novice ) but to learn something

Comment

CandySueQ If your ever in the upper mid-west I would love to help. Not too many comps up here in Minnesota. The opportunity would be incredible.

Comment

• CandySueQ
      CandySueQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I beg to differ! There are 9 KCBS events in Minnesota this year, one of them a stop at Sam's Club tournament! 4 in July and August, when it's way to hot to cook down here.

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow!! I had no idea. Are making it up to any of them? Thanks for the heads up. Guest
      Last edited by Spinaker; January 19, 2016, 12:02 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here