Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chile is world champion in Pulled Pork!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chile is world champion in Pulled Pork!

Ahumadora I know you’re in NZ, but isn’t this your old stomping grounds?

My son in law sent me this from Santiago!

CHILE ES EL PRIMER CAMPEÓN SUDAMERICANO EN LA HISTORIA DEL MUNDIAL DE ASADORES 🔥🏆🇨🇱⁣
    ⁣
    La Asociación Chilena de Asadores (@aca.chile) se coronó campeona del mundo 'Pulled Pork' en la competencia mundial de gastronomía parrillera, organizada por la World Barbecue Association (WBQA), entidad que existe desde 1996. Los representantes de Chile obtuvieron la victoria planetaria en la categoría Pulled Pork, marcando un hito al ser el primer equipo no europeo en obtener un primer lugar en la historia de esta competencia. En este circuito, participaron 80 equipos de 45 diferentes países e incluso compitieron reconocidos chefs ganadores de Estrellas Michelin. Esta victoria dejó a Chile en el puesto 17 del ranking, mientras que Argentina, de reconocida tradición parrillera, quedó en el puesto 51. Dinamarca, por su parte, sigue reinando en el mundo en el primer lugar de todas las categorías. ¿Qué tal?

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBACFE37-92C9-4BE4-BC7B-C90D22B33189.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	1289452

Translation:

CHILE IS THE FIRST SOUTH AMERICAN CHAMPION IN THE HISTORY OF THE BBQ WORLD CUP 🔥🏆🇨🇱

The Chilean Barbecue Association (@aca. Chile) was crowned 'Pulled Pork' world champion in the world barbecue competition organized by the World Barbecue Association (WBQA), an entity that has existed since 1996. Chile's representatives earned the global victory in the Pulled Pork category, marking a milestone of being the first non-European team to secure a first place in the history of this competition. In this circuit, 80 teams from 45 different countries participated and even competed with renowned Michelin Stars winning chefs. This victory left Chile in 17th place in the ranking, while Argentina, of known grilling tradition, was in 51. Denmark, for its part, still reigns in the world in the first place in all categories. What's up ?

Hmmm - more details??

Comment

• Mosca
      Mosca commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s all I got, sorry.

• RonB
      RonB commented
      Editing a comment
      I figured that was all you had. But I am curious...

RonB

Click image for larger version

Name:	0EC01DD8-C39E-4D95-A525-C3792E1DFDBC.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	1289462

Comment

Yes, I know of the world bbq association. Although they have a grand name, they are an Irish bbq community. We all know Ireland is famous for their BBQ . Kind of like me making up a world high jump association then awarding myself the gold medal. Doesn't make me the best in the world at high jump though. Still, if they are having fun go for it.

Comment

Makes sense, Ahumadora. Cuz my first response was Denmark?

Comment

Wait, Denmark is first? I am lost.

Comment

I don't understand this at all. And the fact that Chile is the first non-European country to ever win a prize? Since when was Europe the bastion of all things BBQ? What happened to the US and our world renowned BBQ tradition?

Comment

• Donw
              Donw commented
              Editing a comment
              In WBQA parlance North America ends at the northern Mexican border. The two remaining unnamed countries do not exist in their BBQ world. I thought for sure that this year’s competition would have been dominated by Congo-Brazzeville or Russia.

I believe there are two reasons Denmark is ahead of all the other members of the WBQA in their rankings:
            1. Denmark produces wonderful pork.
            2. No other country has mastered the inclusion of pickles and cabbage in their BBQ dishes as well as the Danes.🙂

Comment

• STEbbq
              STEbbq commented
              Editing a comment
              I think we need @Elton's BBQ​​​​​​​ to weigh in.
              Last edited by STEbbq; September 6, 2022, 07:49 AM.

Elton's BBQ

Comment

I think the Irish guys tasted it, they liked it, and they looked around and said, "No one is doing this anywhere but the USA!" So they decided to do it everywhere in the world.

IDK, sounds like a great idea to me! You can get meat everywhere, you can make smoke everywhere. Bring it!

Comment

• Donw
                Donw commented
                Editing a comment
                I think our Canadian members might want you to rephrase your post.🙂

• Mosca
                Mosca commented
                Editing a comment
                Donw I mean to say that it started as a purely European event, then extended to the rest of the planet. It’s hard to find what countries are represented! I just assume Canada is part of it, and the US is not, but IDK.

• Donw
                Donw commented
                Editing a comment
                No Canadian events listed in the past, nor in the future, and they don’t appear to have any board members or ambassadors from Canada listed either. By the way, I was just pulling your chain. No harm or slight meant.

Well This was news to me..
              Hmm I'll look into it..

Comment

Reminds me of Ron White and his take on Cincinnati chili.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here