Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ute Pass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ute Pass

So, this is a comp for charitable event with a very limited field (no prize money, but a banner for 1st Place). We (wife and I) took 3rd place in pulled pork and mystery meat (pork spare ribs), and 1st prize in Chicken. Unfortunately, those calls didn't result in a Grand Champion.. The event had over 300 peoples choice samplers, so we were busy than a well digger with only one foot, which means no pictures.. Sorry to the PBC crowd, but this was an OKJ win... Just gonna say, I am way tired...

Nice win!

Comment

Congrats on the win! Very nice performance Pitmaster.

Comment

Congrats. Sounds like fun.

Comment

Congratulations! Sounds like your won in my book!

Comment

Great job, congratulations !

Comment

Gratz! 🏆

Comment

Congrats tstalafuse ! Sounds like you’ve got that Bronco mastered.

Comment

As a follow up that I find funny (esp regarding comp cooking) when I received the judges comments today... I didn't get a call on my brisket, which I thought was actually very good and would be in the running.. One of the judges wrote that the rub was "bland", another wrote that it was "too spicy/peppery", and another wrote "slices were too thick so there was no rub or brisket flavor".. So... It was bland, yet too spicy, and had no flavor... I guess I can work with that...

Comment

Just think how you would have scored if you had used a PBC!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here