Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBQ competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ competition

I'm in Morth Carolina and I'm tiring to find a BBQ competition in June or July. Not sure where to start. This would be the first for me. Looking for something not to far. Any help . Thanks

Take a look at this channel. BBQ News has competition listings by region. https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...rch-2022-issue

Comment

I would check www.ncbbqsociety.com You should be able to ask someone there for a list. Are you looking to do pro or backyard. Be sure to ask them for the one you want to do. Hope this helps.

Comment

I believe the Kansas City BBQ Society is the largest for sanctioned events.

Home - The Kansas City Barbeque Society (kcbs.us)

Comment

This one: http://www.peakcitypigfest.com

Only NC KCBS contest in June and July.

Comment

• jfmorris
            jfmorris commented
            Editing a comment
            Sadly my computer wants me to jump through hoops to even see that site, as it has an expired SSL certificate... in fact, I can't look at it at all right now. Organizers need to get their website fixed if they expect folks to register or even see it...

For several years, I've wanted to enter the Backyard/Shade Tree portion of my local KCBS competition - the Whistlestop, here in Huntsville at a historic downtown rail depot (hence the name). It's in September most years, and this year, darned if the backyard competition doesn't cost $275 to enter. And you supply your own meat.

So unless you win the grand prize ($500) and recoup your entry fee, it seems a lot to pay to cook for other folks, unless you just want to hang out with 3 friends (you get 4 entry passes) and cook and drink beer all day Saturday.

Comment

Thanks to all who replied. I looked at all and will spend time on the sites.

Comment

I would check yer spell check. Shoot it let you say Morth Carolina & tiring to find…ya know what I mean.

Comment

• Clawbear57
                Clawbear57 commented
                Editing a comment
                around here it doesn't matter.

quick question, is Morth in N. Carolina or S. Carolina?

Comment

• smokenoob
                smokenoob commented
                Editing a comment
                Tough crowd!

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                smokenoob , like, like, like, like, like, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here