Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No Where to Go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Where to Go!

2 days before the event -- the contest CANCELLED!!!

Argh! I have a brisket, 2 racks of ribs and a passel of chicken pieces. I reckon I'll go ahead a buy a butt and do a practice run this weekend.

That stinks.

Comment

Ms. Candy,

You are more than welcome to head my way and give me some lessons. : )

Comment

Let me guess it's all thawed since the contest was in 2 days? Oh boy... (I wish I lived closer to you, I'd bring a bottle of wine and a cheesecake!)

Comment

Yep, thawed out. Trimmed the brisket last night, separated the flat & point. Salted the point for a dry brine (never have time for that at a contest!) and I'll inject the flat. I'm thinking I'll cook on different cookers just to mix it up. Mainly because I'd cleaned out the Jambo and I'm going cooking at an IBCA (that's Texas rules) in Marksville, LA in a couple of weeks so I'll leave it ready to go. I'm thinking I'll cook the brisket & butt on the MAK 2 star and maybe ribs too. Chicken I'm going to cook on the Grilla. Planning everything to be ready for 6 pm "judging" on Saturday. Got a crowd invited, everyone will take a goodie bag home!

Got plenty wine, Huskee! Cheesecake sounds real good.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm headed to Hammond, La for work next week. I'm only 5+ hours from there.
            **Correction, coming back here in this town on the same shift.....may change in a couple hours... hehehehe
            Last edited by Jerod Broussard; November 5, 2015, 12:39 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here