Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did i make a mistake buying a vision grill?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this sucks. If you lived in the Twin Cities, I would come over and gladly return it for you.

Get the best silicone you can find, and don't take your pit much over 500 F or the silicone will be compromised much faster than usual. At least this is what happened with my BBK. I tired to seal my BKK up when it was starting to leak around the bottom damper. It worked okay for a bit, but as I did more and more cooks, the seal just did seal well after heating and cooling and being exposed to the elements.

I hope you get something figured out so you can use it the way it is supposed too. Let me know if I can help out.

Comment

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes we fry them up on the ice, outside of the Clam. I love it! Planner47

• Planner47
      Planner47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Spinaker

sounds like what in-fishermen Doug Stange would do!

• Spinaker
      Spinaker commented
      Editing a comment
      Or some crazy-ass Minnesotans! LOL Planner47

I have had mine for a couple years and have been happy with it. I used it for the first time since the Spring a couple weeks ago and had some leaking causing it to go up to 300. I shut all the top and bottom vents but it didn't do any good. Last winter part of the felt ripped when I opened it. It was probably frozen together.

I will will replace it. I have not had a reason to deal with customer service. I guess I hope I don't have to.

Comment

• Planner47
      Planner47 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ptrbve throw a hand full of chips in you will see where your leaks are. I have the same problem. I have to shut the top and bottom air vents and I still could not keep it from climbing. if the wind blow it would jump 20 to 30 degrees in about 5 min.

Yes. It was windy that day. I even turned the bottom vent away from the wind, to no avail.

Comment

Spinaker this is a update from the air leaks in the Vision grill issue that i had. i finallyhave a air tight grill now and it is making grear Q! Can you see it?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Planner47; October 16, 2020, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• Cheef
        Cheef commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that high temp duct tape?
        Nice workaround.

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Somebody has been watching the Red Green Show reruns from Opossum Lodge.

• matthewheath
        matthewheath commented
        Editing a comment
        Reminds me of Matt Damon in the Martian sciencing the shit out of it with duct tape!

I have a Vision Pro C and have been happy with it for 2 years. Holds 225 degrees very well.

Why yes its high tech high temp duct tape. trying to sale this upgrade to VISION.

Comment

Congrats !

Comment

What sounds flakey is they have a fix kit already to ship. Known problem. Sell it anyway.
          If you can't fix it, feature it. The unit might leak But look at all the smoke if produces! Who can ask for anything more?

Thanks for the post. I got it, avoid Vision Grills.

Comment

Sorry you had to go through that. Your post is from 2017. Sounds like they didn't have their act together. I have owned my Vision for 2 years and is has performed flawlessly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here