Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Vision Kamado in the Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Vision Kamado in the Family

My son in law texted me this morning to ask what I thought of a barely used Vision HD series kamado for $175 off FB Marketplace. I looked at the link he sent me, and by the time I responded he had bought it!

Any tips I need to give him related to Vision grills? This one seems like a good deal, and appears to have similar vents to my SNS Kamado, as well as stainless for all the metal including the cart, bottom vent, and cooking grates. The seller told him he was including a "pizza stone" which I told him is actually the diffuser, haha. I don't think this grill will have some of the vent rust out issues I've seen mentioned here on older Vision grills.

The seller called it a 22" grill. It's 18.5 inches, but 22" across the outside walls, and my son-in-law knew that going in after we chatted.

All in all he had a good week. He bought the Cuisinart 360, got the Vision Kamado, and is kicking his rusted out Chargriller Dual Fuel POS to the curb.
    Last edited by jfmorris; July 12, 2022, 02:04 PM.

My friend has a Visions and his tends to cook hot. He has had trouble cooking at 225, but it could be his fire management skills. The gas side of that Char-Griller could really cook hot - see the review in Amazing Ribs. I hope he has as much fun with his Visions as I have had with my BGE.

Comment

• jfmorris
      jfmorris commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah - the gas side was pretty much all he used, and it was a big rusty mess after just 2-3 years of use - I gave him some Grillgrate surface panels, as there was no way you wanted to cook on those grates, and it wasn't worth replacing.

At $175, your son in law is playing with house money. Wish him luck with it.

Comment

I've noticed Vision Kamado's fairly cheap on Craig's List and FB marketplace lately, but nothing like this. Great find.

Comment

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah - it looks practically new.

Love that your son-in-law seeks your guidance this way.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here