Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vision Woo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planner47
    commented on 's reply
    it brings the grill gate up to the level of the top of the seal. it is about 2 inchs below of the top. https://ceramicgrillstore.com/produc...-series-grills

• JoeDorn
    replied
    Pardon my ignorance but until this post I have never heard of a Woo ring...

Why do you want/need one and what does the name mean? I also did a google search but still do not understand...Old men want to know...

BTW Woo in my younger years is what you did to a girl that you were trying to date/marry...GRIN

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    All this woo talk is makin me wobbly.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    No, no, they are now correctly called "wild fires". Learnt that last week, yessir. The world is changing , er the planet.

• efincoop
    commented on 's reply
    Planner47 I should have been more clear. I was referring to your disatisfaction with the Signals unit. But either way I hear you. My Son-in-law picked up the fireboard. If I ever get another monitor, it will likely be the FB.

• Planner47
    commented on 's reply
    efincoop i did call as you can see from my post and as i said they are shipping me a complimentary probe (second cook it went bad) but i have to pay shipping! i think that i am done with them if they do not want to stand behind there products. i just can not get the word complimentary out of my mind! it's like they are doing me a favor!
    Last edited by Planner47; August 9, 2021, 12:02 PM.

• efincoop
    commented on 's reply
    Planner47, based on past experience I suspect if you call thermoworks and explain your disatisfaction there is a good chance they will offer you some sort of exchange. I should do the same, but I have just been too lazy.

• Planner47
    replied
    well i just got the invoice for ceramic grill store for shipping the new woo and it was $15.73. the first one that they sent me was $49.94. the first woo was $39.99 plus shipping. (9.95). so looks like altogether i paided $65.67 for a woo to fit my grill!
    just on the curious side if anyone has a vision pro s will you please take a measurement from top top of the fire bowl to the top of the seal base. mine is 2 1/4 inch. Tom at the ceramic store said that the reason that the woo was to high was because the chinese did not pour to spec. as you can see by the pic that this thing is way to high. also if anybody is looking for a woo ring its yours for the shipping.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Planner47
    commented on 's reply
    i was thinking about the same thing. i should have got the smoke.

• efincoop
    replied
    I "upgraded" to the Signals unit last year and have been very unhappy with it. It works great when it works, but I constantly have connection issues and battery issues. I have found that I rarely need 4 probes, so I stick with my original Smoke and it continues to serve me just fine.

Leave a comment:

• RonB
    replied
    It does sound like a tough day...

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Yowzer.

Leave a comment:

• Planner47
    replied
    no it was a forest fire.

Leave a comment:

• FireMan
    replied
    Yeah, sometimes it’s a jungle out there!
    Er, pardon me, it’s a rain forest
    Last edited by FireMan; August 8, 2021, 11:06 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Planner47
    started a topic Vision Woo's

Vision Woo's

well yesterday started out like a bad dream. first my woo ring is 1/4 inch to high for the vision. talked to Tom and he said that the Chinese have a problem with quality control. so for the price of shipping he said that he would make me one that fit. so i said that will work for me. so i go out to make me same ribs and set up my new signals with the bellows and about a 1/2 hour into the cook my signal starts to read 0 and then -37 and the bellows stops working. GREAT! Themoworks said it was a bad probe (wild guess) and they will send me a new complementary probe. wow new probe goes bad and they are sending me a complementary probe! i have to pay shipping! this was my second cook. i have so many themoworks items and well i well you know! so i take out my old themopro and hook it up and go manaul adj. so i am doing the boat method for cooking ribs and it calls for 300 to 325 temp. now my themopro is showing 212 and is real slow to come up and i am opening the bottom vents more and more and it is real slow to come up. now the reading is 275 and i am scatching my head and i look at the temp gauge on the vision and i see it is at 350. then i look at the themopro and it is at 295! then the next time i look at the themopro it is reading 195. what the heck! so i get a meat probe and stick it in the vision and it reads 379. second heat probe bites the dust! so i am out of heat probes. so what's next? so i finished the cook with the meat probe and the ribs turned out real good. then i go to post and the site is under attack. i one heck of a day. hope i can post this!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Planner47; August 8, 2021, 10:19 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here